Quantcast

mt. wilson 4/29 - anyone wanna ride?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I could do this but not til 11-11:30AM and my shuttle vehicle is jacked....sooooo. If something comes up let me know.

Apr 22, 2006
Pasadena
How burly is the downhill? I have a roadie pal who can ride Saturday afternoon, but he's new to the dirt. He just bought a Santa Cruz heckler.

Is this gonna be too much for a newbie?

If so, can anyone recommend a local (to pasadena) trail that is mellow enough for a newbie but will have a few hits (jumps, drops, rocks, ruts) to keep me entertained?

qksl2

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
I'm good for sunday too if anyone else wants to.

For an easier trail just do up brown mtn and down prieto.

Ian

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
mandown said:
edgy, we have a shuttle truck. send my your phone # and we can talk details. i will pm you with my #
Sorry dude...I'm a dork..i just realized I wouldn't even be able to leave the OC til after noon. Maybe next time.thanks.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
StuffShredman said:
How burly is the downhill? I have a roadie pal who can ride Saturday afternoon, but he's new to the dirt. He just bought a Santa Cruz heckler.

Is this gonna be too much for a newbie?

If so, can anyone recommend a local (to pasadena) trail that is mellow enough for a newbie but will have a few hits (jumps, drops, rocks, ruts) to keep me entertained?
the ride is not too bad if you take it slow enough. the faster you go, the harder it gets. and the longer it gets. we left the lower parking lot at 9:45 and did not get back until after 1pm. we took our time. j was just coming off an injury. i was on my HT (everyone else had their DH rigs). a heckler could have made it just fine, but the newbie might have had some troubles :)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
here are some ride pix. sorry, no action shots, just messing around
at the truck

gearing up

the heaviest bike on the ride

the only hardtail - mine - LONG LIVE THE 'KOOTER

the clouds

still above the clouds

down in the clouds with the clowns

the monkey who brought this all to ya!

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Damn that is an ugly crew. Especially that tool in the Helly Hansen Jersey:). Adam killin' it on the 'Kooter.