Quantcast

Mt. Wilson again - This Sat. June 18

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Mt. Wilson again for me this sat (What can I say, it's my local ride!). Everyone is welcome. Not sure what time. Anytime is good for me, but mornings are best.

Directions to the parking lot...
210 fwy, off at the ARROYO/WINDSOR exit. Go north (right) up the street. You will see the parking lot on your left, just before the road turns to the right.

http://www.punkduck.com/images/mqmapgend.gif

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
any bbq? ill try to convince conrad to go
Hadn't thought about it but yeah, we can BBQ. Or go to the pub. It has a patio area, I don't think they will give you any hassle. Great fish N chips.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i can probably roll. need to check with the other 3 members of my satruday ride crew. we just did the single track loop there last week and it was great.

ride on!

webb

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
echo park
I can't make it, but be advised lucky baldwin's is having an IPA festival this weekend.

on a related note, their christmas beer fest is the weekend of july 17, and the belgian beer fest will be sometime in august.

I'm still insisting ambp should be afro. seriously.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
mandown said:
i can probably roll. need to check with the other 3 members of my satruday ride crew. we just did the single track loop there last week and it was great.

ride on!

I (1/4 of the Mandown crew) am in!!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ciaran said:
I own the ship. :D j/k

What trail did you ride? The Sunset loop?
not sure of the name (one of our silent members knows).

we did the big fire road climb (... well pushed much of it) then came back down the single track that spits you out at the start of the fire road.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mandown said:

we did the big fire road climb (... well pushed much of it) then came back down the single track that spits you out at the start of the fire road.
If it's by Millard campground it's Sunset. I love that trail. That's my usual, non-shuttle ride. It's nice because it's easier to push/ride up the paved road than a dirt fire road.

Glad you all can make it saturday. Should be fun.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mandown said:
good question. i am down for 930ish, as that is my gangs habitual time. we can go earlier or later (earlier is better this week).
9:30 ish is good for me. Snutty wanted to ride later but I think earlier is better as the morning sees less hikers than mid day.

Snutty; 9:30 work for you?

You guys want to hit the Pub after or BBQ at a local park? Keep in mind that I am not supplying the meat this time. The pub is having an IPA festival and has an outside area so you can sit and watch your bikes.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
snutty said:
9:30 will work for me, can u pm me you number incase i get lost?
626-437-4640

I'll have the cell on in the morning in case anyone is late or gets lost.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
mandown said:

three and four are down......lets roll! last weekend hit up the lower brown fireroad to the el prieto singletrack

freerder56

Chimp
May 4, 2005
B.P. socall
I know a rider that would like to ride with you , he's got a truck that can haul 5 or 6 & bikes. He does'nt have a computer. Here's his number 213-590-6036 His name is Alex. Wish I could go but got to ride Santa Barbara sunday :cool:

MTNDREW

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
SoCali
ill try to make it. im in the process of sending my forks to push but i might hold off till monday so that i can ride. i gotta check with my dad first.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
lovebunny said:
i jsut remembered. i cant go. im busy ssat with my melissa and i got a party for my friend whose moving outa town. i am keeping my schedule open for the opening weekend of n* if anyone wants to go
oooh, when is that? :drool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BMXman said:
is this DH, XC, trail, or what?...D
I would say it's an aggressive trail ride.it starts with either a fast loose fireroad or a fast loose singletrack. then it's singletrack that is smooth, rocky, twisty, fast, technical. After that it's a short climb to the next trail. The climb is about a half mile or so and isn't steep at all. Then it's more singletrack. The last section is optional. It's rutted and fun but there are two very short climbs that you'll be pushing on a DH bike (unless you are like superman). It's between 10 and 15 miles or so, depending on the route.

Last few times I did it on a hardtail, this time I am using my Cove (6" rear Super T up front)

I have some pics from the last few rides here ----> http://www.punkduck.com/gallery/album05 Sorry I can't be a better help. Maybe MikeD or Pegboy can offer better advice or comparisons. Either way though I hope you can make it.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
BMXman, bring the big bike so I have someone to push with.
Looks like I'll be there too. And I just have to take the new rig so I understand I'll suffer some. Oh well.
I don't know any of you guys so when you see the old dude on a red Brooklyn that's me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
spookydave said:
BMXman, bring the big bike so I have someone to push with.
Looks like I'll be there too. And I just have to take the new rig so I understand I'll suffer some. Oh well.
I don't know any of you guys so when you see the old dude on a red Brooklyn that's me.
I will be pushing as well. The Cove isn't set up for riding uphill. :D

And so I don't miss anyone this time (I apologize again W4S! My fault!) I am in a black Honda CRV. Riding a red glitter Cove G-spot with a Super T up front. I am the brown guy with the long hair.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i am bringing the bb7, so i will be pushing with you. i am also gonna have my full face and body armor. i have not had a chance to try out my new rockgrdn stuff and i want to get comfy before i hit the trails at whistler in august.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ciaran said:
I will be pushing as well. The Cove isn't set up for riding uphill. :D

And so I don't miss anyone this time (I apologize again W4S! My fault!) I am in a black Honda CRV. Riding a red glitter Cove G-spot with a Super T up front. I am the brown guy with the long hair.
good idea to post descriptions. i will be the white guy with a shaved head in a white xterra with a white bb7. in case you are wondering, the white thing has nothing to do with any racial theme. i am just a pale guy who hates hot cars and got a great deal on a white bike.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
so that is you in your avatar then. HAHAHA. You look really white, don't forget your sunscreen. I got the back of my neck cooked yesterday.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ncrider said:
so that is you in your avatar then. HAHAHA. You look really white, don't forget your sunscreen. I got the back of my neck cooked yesterday.
yeah, it is me. a friend of mine made that for me. she also has a photoshop one of me jumping over a giant naked chick's butt, but i don't have it on this computer, so i cannot post it up :(