Quantcast

Mt. Wilson pics from 2/18

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Nagaredama and I hit Wilson for a lax ride. We usually go in a group so we can't stop and try different lines, etc. I brought my camera to capture some of the fun. Only thing that sucks is, unlike my old one, there's no manual shutter speed so some of the pics came out blurry :disgust1: I usually end up taking most of the photos so keep an eye out for rare pictures of me riding ;)

The tunnel

Nagaredama speeds down an open face

Nagaredama checks out the view near the ruins

Nagaredama from around a turn

I come around a turn

I pop over some rocks

Nagaredama hits a berm

I hit the berm

Well, its official, I want a digital SLR. I'm getting so bummed lately that all my motion shots are coming out sloppy so keep an eye out for some better pictures in the future...

May 25, 2006
My brother and I tagged along on a shuttle of Wilson, coming down Red Box though. It was my first time and it was a ****ing blast. Almost as fun as Downieville. :)

We were on our hardtails and were able to stay right on the heels of the guys on full suspension rigs.

I had no idea SoCal could have so much beautiful country that close to the city.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
My brother and I tagged along on a shuttle of Wilson, coming down Red Box though. It was my first time and it was a ****ing blast. Almost as fun as Downieville. :)

We were on our hardtails and were able to stay right on the heels of the guys on full suspension rigs.

I had no idea SoCal could have so much beautiful country that close to the city.
Red Box isn't as rocky as the front side. Lower Merrill coming in to the Mt. Lowe hotel ruins is really rocky as is middle Sunset. The full suspension rigs really shine there. Everywhere else they aren't much of an advantage.

I'm hoping to make it up to Downieville this summer and compare it to Wilson.

May 25, 2006
Red Box isn't as rocky as the front side. Lower Merrill coming in to the Mt. Lowe hotel ruins is really rocky as is middle Sunset. The full suspension rigs really shine there. Everywhere else they aren't much of an advantage.

I'm hoping to make it up to Downieville this summer and compare it to Wilson.
After all the bad trail reports I'd read, I was expecting less. I thought overall the trail was in fantastic condition. I'll have to give the front side a try sometime..

hbfrdh

Chimp
Mar 23, 2004
Ah yes, good times on frontside. I've seen quite a few people fall on that steep section. The last time I hit it a shrub ripped off part of my clothing.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
hey tayler. good to see you guys are still riding unlike me. i just lurk on the forums once in a while to reminisce.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
hey tayler. good to see you guys are still riding unlike me. i just lurk on the forums once in a while to reminisce.
Hey Mario! What do you mean, did you get hurt or just stop riding?
Scott and I still ride as much as we can.
Our newest addiction is the BMX track, we've only gone twice but its super fun.
I took 3rd in the cruiser class on Saturday:

Nevermind the fact that there were only 3 riders in our class. :weee:

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
Hey Mario! What do you mean, did you get hurt or just stop riding?
Scott and I still ride as much as we can.
Our newest addiction is the BMX track, we've only gone twice but its super fun.
I took 3rd in the cruiser class on Saturday:

Nevermind the fact that there were only 3 riders in our class. :weee:
sorry i spelled your name wrong in my reply up there. so don't think im an idiot.
but awesome! what track? i stopped riding because I worked a lot over the summer, and i also bought a cbr600rr (which i never ride). i'm thinking of getting another all mountain or dirt jump bike to ride. im going to be done with school in a couple days, then i move back to LA for good.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
Do you even have one bike? :p
i stll have my dh frame (which is cracked) and w/o a shock. and my dorado. otherwise nothing else. ill probably build up a pretty sweet beach cruiser in a week or so. 3 piece cranks and pegs. and a beat up leather seat. then maybe ill get a yeti 4x or a nomad or smoething

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
sorry i spelled your name wrong in my reply up there. so don't think im an idiot.
Haha, no worries, common mistake.
but awesome! what track? i stopped riding because I worked a lot over the summer, and i also bought a street bike (which i never ride). i'm thinking of getting another all mountain or dirt jump bike to ride. im going to be done with school in a couple days, then i move back to LA for good.
Bellflower BMX. Its pretty fun although its the only track I've ridden. I just started a 6 week job that's gonna keep me super busy but after that I'm trying to find something low key and close to home so I'll be able to ride more. Let us know when you're back in town :)

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
Haha, no worries, common mistake.

Bellflower BMX. Its pretty fun although its the only track I've ridden. I just started a 6 week job that's gonna keep me super busy but after that I'm trying to find something low key and close to home so I'll be able to ride more. Let us know when you're back in town :)
nice, ive been there. thats what i was guessing from the pic. but there is sycamore bmx in simi valley which is awesome. i used to race there as a kid, and was there a couple years ago. there is an nbl track opening in the north valley around chatsworth--it might even be open now. there is also canyon country bmx which ive never been to.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
nice, ive been there. thats what i was guessing from the pic. but there is sycamore bmx in simi valley which is awesome. i used to race there as a kid, and was there a couple years ago. there is an nbl track opening in the north valley around chatsworth--it might even be open now. there is also canyon country bmx which ive never been to.
I've been trying to get out to Simi and Canyon Country, I'll have to look up the Chatsworth one though. Its a totally different kind of riding than I'm used to but its fun.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'd never been to Chatsworth before, until took the train through it last weekend to go snowboarding at Bear Mtn. All those round rocks look fun.

A nomad would be cool. My hardtail snapped soon after I got the Bullit. I want to replace it with a Transition TOP.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
i stll have my dh frame (which is cracked) and w/o a shock. and my dorado. otherwise nothing else. ill probably build up a pretty sweet beach cruiser in a week or so. 3 piece cranks and pegs. and a beat up leather seat. then maybe ill get a yeti 4x or a nomad or smoething
Yeti 4X would be sweet!

I'm currently rocking my old KHS at the BMX track but with a shorter shock and short fork.

Hopefully I can convince Taylor to hit Simi BMX Sunday evening.