Quantcast

Mt. Wilson

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I understand there is a great downhill route to take down from Mt. Wilson. Can anyone give me directions on where to park at the top?

I read somewhere else someone runs a shuttle that leaves from JPL and costs $5. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
S

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
Nagaredama said:
I understand there is a great downhill route to take down from Mt. Wilson. Can anyone give me directions on where to park at the top?

I read somewhere else someone runs a shuttle that leaves from JPL and costs $5. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
S

There use to be an illegal shuttle up there. Some guy got the bright idea of a van,a trailer and charging fools or a ride up. Soon as the Rangers caught wind,they abruptly shut him down. Most of the riding is XC type. If you do decide to shuttle,bring a bell and be very respectful of the hikers. This place has been a target for a long time. The less people shuttling the better!

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
Nagaredama said:

Thanks
S

Check your PM.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Nagaredama said:

Thanks
S
I've heard of the guy with the van before, but I have not done it. If you find anythign out, let me know. I'd like to chekc it out some weekend

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Listen to what PacMan said.

Illegal shuttle was shut down very quickly.

This is a multi-use trail, not a DH trail. There are a lot of hikers, and a lot of up hill, most people ride this on XC bikes. If you do ride, don't go fast and be very courteous to other users. remember that hikers have right of way. A lot of people want to ban bikers from riding this trail altogether, please don't give the anti-biker people any more reasons.

Thanks,
Brian

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
W4S said:
Listen to what PacMan said.

Illegal shuttle was shut down very quickly.

This is a multi-use trail, not a DH trail. There are a lot of hikers, and a lot of up hill, most people ride this on XC bikes. If you do ride, don't go fast and be very courteous to other users. remember that hikers have right of way. A lot of people want to ban bikers from riding this trail altogether, please don't give the anti-biker people any more reasons.

Thanks,
Brian
I think you're one of the fastest guys on that trail Rizzzzz.........
:eviltongu

R

Rabie

Edgy said:
I think you're one of the fastest guys on that trail Rizzzzz.........
:eviltongu
Why do you got to kill his trail advocacy buzz?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Rabie said:
Why do you got to kill his trail advocacy buzz?
You know...being hurt n all..... I gotta keep his mind busy
:nuts:

Hey, I'd be down for a Wilson run....

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
I have a bell and I am always courteous to anyone out there. I have never hit anyone on any trail, although as few idiots out there deserved it. I go fast where it is safe to go fast. No point in having a bike if you don't enjoy it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I would be down for a few shuttle runs. PM me if you guys are really going to go, please. Thanks!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
redical said:
I have a bell and I am always courteous to anyone out there. I have never hit anyone on any trail, although as few idiots out there deserved it. I go fast where it is safe to go fast. No point in having a bike if you don't enjoy it.
Exactly, responsible use is the key on Multi-use trails.

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
redical said:
The bell is key to keeping the hikers and other bikers happy. Ive had nothing but positive response whether im XCing or shuttle scum. It allows the hikers to hear ya coming(I always stop and let them pass). There was a group of shuttlers a while back that created a bad name in this area. They'd blow by hikers with no regard and even ran down a ranger. So if you come to this area and ride the front side,remember to be courteous and wear a bell,they work. :thumb:

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Speaking of bells and Wilson. If anyone found a Kona bell on the last trail before the camp ground ... it's mine. Consider it my donation and use it.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I was at Kenter on Wed from 1-4:30.

If anyone would like to rdie Mt. Wilson next Sunday, Dec. 5 please PM me and I will try and organize everything. Unfortunately I'm sure if I can make it this Sunday.

Scott

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dog Welder said:
Dude...that's Chris...he was in the car with us.
Ah HAH! Thought it was one of them.

I had a blast riding with everyone on Thanksgiving. Wish I could hit the jumps on Sunday, but I have soem work to do. Gotta go work on a clients PC. Sucks but I need the christmas cash.

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
Ciaran said:
Ah HAH! Thought it was one of them.

I had a blast riding with everyone on Thanksgiving. Wish I could hit the jumps on Sunday, but I have soem work to do. Gotta go work on a clients PC. Sucks but I need the christmas cash.

Hey what up! Its cool,it looks like possible rain anyway. If its clear try and make it.