Quantcast

MTB Films speeded up?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
illusionary lines...

buy the guy who posted this must be pretty dense to not notice that the clock is added in by the editor of the film and is sped up on purpose (only the clock is sped up)
Haha... I think you're right. It was obvious that the clock was added in by the editor but I was lagered and too busy wondering why the seconds were ticking over so fast to pay attention to the riders. I'll have to get the DVD to watch it again. :poster_oops: :imstupid:

In my defence however - how stupid is it to put the clock in there in the first place? Especially when the dvd is playing in a nightclub full of people who don't ride DH who were wondering why we were watching something in fast forward.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I dont have much to say about mtb movies, but I think rider style has alot to do with how fast a rider looks. I know in my home vids I look alot slower than the guys I ride with because Im alot smoother. My buddies are out of control, no lines, just go style and they look way faster. It bothered me so much I stop watched our sections to make sure I was actually faster.

dondon

Monkey
Watch Riffle's section in "between the tape". Right at the beginning when he's riding down the smooth section of cold springs, totally sped up. No question. And it looks stupid, I dunno why you'd do that.
i don't know why i bother to respond, maybe it's cause I'm bored right now cause the race season is over... and maybe thats why these lame comments keep popping up at the same time each year... You are obviously from Santa Barbara, so im surprised you haven't seen Duncan ride in person and if you have maybe you would have noticed he spins an easier gear than most, thats his style and technique, him looking "spun out" may look like sped up to you, but it's clearly not. Another spot is the zip line section filmed in Arrowhead, the transition from slow motion to full speed combined with his pedal style may give that impression. But rather than worry if some films are sped up (which this one isn't) why dont you ride more and maybe one day you will be mistaken for looking sped up. A compliment indeed.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
i don't know why i bother to respond, maybe it's cause I'm bored right now cause the race season is over... and maybe thats why these lame comments keep popping up at the same time each year... You are obviously from Santa Barbara, so im surprised you haven't seen Duncan ride in person and if you have maybe you would have noticed he spins an easier gear than most, thats his style and technique, him looking "spun out" may look like sped up to you, but it's clearly not. Another spot is the zip line section filmed in Arrowhead, the transition from slow motion to full speed combined with his pedal style may give that impression. But rather than worry if some films are sped up (which this one isn't) why dont you ride more and maybe one day you will be mistaken for looking sped up. A compliment indeed.
I'm not talking about his pedaling, although that too suggests its sped up. Check the foliage :). Unless there were some weird ass wind currents up there causing some REALLY strange motion...And no, I've only seen him ride once. And I'm not criticizing him, as you seem to be implying, I'm sure he'd smoke the sh*t out of me without breaking a sweat. Sorry I don't have time to ride everyday, some of us have demanding jobs. Although I try to get out 2-3 times in a good week, but its been a bad week (and raining here, WTF?) but thanks for your concern cutie ;). A/S/L?