Quantcast

mtb'ing saved my ass today

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
We were roadbiking today, I was coming around a curve when an ambulance showed up to help a couple of roadies who took an evil spill. I was distracted by the ambulance and wound up riding off the road into a steep ditch.

Had I not mtb, I would've bit it big time. Funny thing was, I was more worried about thorns in my tires than anything else. It reminded me of Lance at last year's TdF when he went off-road and credited his handling skills to mtb'ing.

I definitely encourage cross training and y'all to log some miles on the road... the increased fitness has made me a better mtb'er. And mtb'ing has saved my ass several times on the road.

G-d Bless mtb'ing :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
LordOpie said:
Had I not mtb, I would've bit it big time. Funny thing was, I was more worried about thorns in my tires than anything else. It reminded me of Lance at last year's TdF when he went off-road and credited his handling skills to mtb'ing.
Ahahahahahaha... you flatter yourself. :eviltongu

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Hey, I'd like to see Lance do what I did today. I mean, that'd be pretty cool to be hanging with him, no?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
mtb'ing almost took out a couple asses yesterday. Serial Midges pal broke his seatpost which is damn scary for any situation. And i tried hopping up and over a fat ole root on a wet muddy harsh singletrack climb and wound up coming out of one of my clipless pedal. Everything lurched forward and i cleared the obstacle but my body lurched even more forward and my rear end wound up getting very intimate with the top tube of my frame. I don't know how it happened but the "lluevos" luckily decided not to go to this party and i was spared the ultimate pain....... :nuts: :dead: