Quantcast

mullet

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
so my little brother wants a new bike. his sucks right now, i agree that he needs one plus he wants to get into freeriding and dirt jumping. he does want one with disc brakes, that isnt negotiable, but he wants to spend around 500, i tried to talk him up to paying around 600 and i think he agrees. anyway, long story short he wants to get a gary fisher mullet. what do you all think about it? it looks pretty solid, but it has a manitou splice comp, and i know nothing about that fork.

http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/bike_detail.asp?series=biggns&bike=Mullet

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Seems fine for a beginner. The fork will probably be too soft though. Seems like all oem manitou's on jump/dj/street bikes have springs that are too soft, even for lighter weight riders.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i know a young kid who has that exact bike, but with a hookworm on the back. it would be a great bike to get into dirtjumping with. the fork will start out soft, but as with all non-oil dampened manitous, it will become hard as a rock within a year. just something to think about, i would stil get the bike.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
check out the Iron horse chimpira.. just got mine,frame is solid, decent components. forks are lacking. but its a beginner bike. figured it would do me good as im getting back into the bike scene. bust some of the stuff just to get burly upgrades later. Its on sale for less than $500 and performancebike.com should still have a coupon

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
good solid bike. only a few things he might want to change. maybee put a bash guard on the front instead of that big ring. thats the big thing. maybee some new pedals and shifters on down the line. its still a good solid bike, and i havn't heard any complaints with the forks out of all the ones that we have sold.

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
yeah, he is going for it, he had our local shop have their other shop somewhere farther away ship one to them for him. he is pretty excited. thanks guys

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
DROP said:
lol my brother might get a mullet but he really blows at biking and hes a little pussy so its really over kill for him lol
how o0ld is he? mine used to be a wuss but he is getting better about it

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
for any mtb or dj bike, non-bmx i look at giants..i am not exactly how much this bike is but look into it...giant has a s(treet)p(ark)t(rails) STP 3 which may be int he price range. also maybe even a haro i forgot what they are called or s aspecialized p3 or is that too much?

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
dirtjumpP.1 said:
your little brother wouldnt happen to be you, would he? :thumb:
your posts are useless that is why you have so many, only post when you have something to say and not trying to post in quanity you want quality :mumble::nuts:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i didnt say anything about bike, and my post helped more than yours.... you suggested a bike with an sr suntour fork (strike one) then suggested a bike you didnt know the name of (strike two) the you sugggested a bike that is almost 3 time the price of the one he first posted (i believe that would be three).... so dont call my posts useless

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
habitatxskate said:
your posts are useless that is why you have so many, only post when you have something to say and not trying to post in quanity you want quality :mumble::nuts:
is that why you posted twice? for the quality of the posts?

oh, and 3 stikes means your OUT!!!! :eviltongu

vwmtnbiker

Monkey
May 15, 2004
manasscrack
stp-2 comes with a zoke, the ironhorse chimp however comes with an sr. i know the stp-2 is on sale at performance for less than 500 bones right now too

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
we are goin in to the shop today, hopefully it'll be there this time... we went a couple of days ago and they didnt have it yet.

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
Why does everyone always start an argument just help him answer the question. I think the bike would hold up fine for him. He is just a kid and probably really light so it should do fine for him.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
vwmtnbiker said:
stp-2 comes with a zoke, the ironhorse chimp however comes with an sr. i know the stp-2 is on sale at performance for less than 500 bones right now too
yah the SR forks leave a bit to be desired :rolleyes: i figured id want a better fork that comes on most bikes under $700 anyways, ill bomb the hell out of em for a few months then pick up a nice zoke in the 150mm range :cool: