Quantcast

@@@ Mungle day @@@

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fun high school graduation party with good food and lots of fun games plus nice weather. Almost felt like a good American BBQ party.

Vacation starts this weekend so a sprint to the finish line this week with a lot of stuff I need to get done before I leave.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. teeny bit better every day. been a week since onset of symptoms, may take a test today to see where things are.

espresso machine is on the fritz, no water coming out of the group head. a quick google indicates a possibly faulty solenoid.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Pretty sure I farted more than 100 times at work today, wonder what my auntie put in her Lasagne?

Brain was not active at all and I put a hydraulic valve in backwards which gave some very confoozing results.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Happy Summer. No field hockey camp this morning due to weather....we will pick up tomorrow. Enjoyed a nice quiet cup of coffee before turning on the news. Grocery shopping tonight and hopefully a nice MTB ride with the dog while the girls are at gymnastics.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm about to quit my job, Bill Gates just gave me $5m! I just need to email him my details to an aol account...

Screenshot 2022-06-27 063321.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Smoked ribs yesterday and they turned out pretty damn delicious.

Now it's work and then figuring out how much tile I can slap on the wall later. Almost done with the dry fit contouring tiles, so it should be easy after those are shaped.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
First thought waking up, Sunday 2; nope not Sunday 2 it's Monday. Bike fit recheck tomorrow. Hardest question do I wear MTB or Road shoes for the Round Denmark race? Did 25 mi yesterday morning fully loaded 45 pounds. The ride was 750ft per 10mi, Denmark will be about half that. Keeping over 10mph average feels realistic. It got hot fast so I packed up the fatbike and hit the beach with a 16 mi ride. Not sure how to equate sand resistance into climbing, my body says 1sandy fatbike mile = several roadbike miles.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
industry 9 got back to me, apparently they do have a hub shell that they will sell me at a very reasonable price. :headbang: now do i relace at 2x with the existing spokes or get new spokes to lace 3x?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've discovered a small crack in my five yo DH helmet so I ordered a new one. It should be landing here shortly.

Now if I could get a break from adulting for the rest of the summer, that would be great.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, friends! I got out early to get my 8 mile run in before the rain, although the rain would have felt nice on this warm and humid morning. Logged onto work and into a shitstorm. Yay work!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
oldest nephew took first plane ride to dallas for some school related robot competition....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
rim is an enve m70, and the wheel was originally factory laced 2 cross by them with sapim cx ray spokes. the gen rim i have was notoriously stiff, and them lacing 2x was apparently pretty common so the resulting wheel was insanely stiff, at least on the front.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
walked to nearby preserve and mucked around on rocks on the coast. couldn't flip rocks for crabs as it was high tide. looking forward to a bag or two of fresh steamers for either lunch or dinner...rain showers rolling through for a while so just chilling on the porch with coffee for now.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Rode the last 3 days @ Kingdom. Avg ride temp was 86 F, maxing 100 F on 2 of those days. I'm still cooked. To think last weekend I was riding in the rain & 49 F at home. o_O

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
walked to nearby preserve and mucked around on rocks on the coast. couldn't flip rocks for crabs as it was high tide. looking forward to a bag or two of fresh steamers for either lunch or dinner...rain showers rolling through for a while so just chilling on the porch with coffee for now.
1 year ago today i was hiking in Maine.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
This is up here? Got a bike?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Watched the Stanley Cup. Yay Avs.
i went to a couple avs games when i lived in denver....when that douche patrick roy was still in goal...

denver fans....worse than philly...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
looking forward to a bag or two of fresh steamers for either lunch or dinner
oh so you’re German

/me is at The Fast Lab to quantify my slowness by various parameters. I hope my commuter bike fits on their Computrainer. We shall see.

4D1B95EA-8CFF-4E41-B5CC-66856EDB3105.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
rim is an enve m70, and the wheel was originally factory laced 2 cross by them with sapim cx ray spokes. the gen rim i have was notoriously stiff, and them lacing 2x was apparently pretty common so the resulting wheel was insanely stiff, at least on the front.
Aero spokes? Fancy. I've always done 3x with double butted and it's always worked out well.

Though for what it's worth, I do believe you are heavier and it's on a DH bike.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
bought the wheels used, this is what they came with. less about aero, more about strength, allegedly.
The reason Enve's use 2X is the spokes must approach the rim very squared up. The hole dia in the rim barely clears the butted dia of your spoke. It doesn't leave much clearance for the spoke to angle in more like a 3X lacing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
bought the wheels used, this is what they came with. less about aero, more about strength, allegedly.
CX-Ray's laced 2x on my carbon wheels liked to snap too often for my liking. Replaced many before I sold the wheels.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The reason Enve's use 2X is the spokes must approach the rim very squared up. The hole dia in the rim barely clears the butted dia of your spoke. It doesn't leave much clearance for the spoke to angle in more like a 3X lacing.
good to know. the rear wheel from the set is laced 3x.