Quantcast

my 06' kit...what you think?

this is my perspective build for 06' any feedback?

FRAME: Canfield F1 Small Black
SHOCK: Fox DHX 5.0
FORK: White Bro's DH2.0
STEM: Thompson 31.8 50mm
HEADSET: FSA Orbit Extreme Pro
GRIPS: ODI Lock On Rogue
BARS: Answer Pro Taper 31.8
SHIFTER: Sram X-0 Trigger
MECH: Sram X-0 Shorty
BRAKES: Hayes Mag HD 8''
SADDLE: Fizik Freek (dyed black)
SEAT CLAMP: Whatever
CRANK: Middleburn 22/34/Bash (use suicide shift)
GUIDE: Canfield Custom with LRP steped rollers
BOTTOM BRACKET: Truvativ Howitzer (or Middleburn if its available)
CASSETTE: Sram PG-990
CHAIN: Sram PC-991
PEDALS: Crank Bro's 50/50
HUBS/SPOKES: Industry9 DH .110'' 20mm F 150mm R
RIMS: Mavic 729
TIRES: Maxxis High Rollers 2.5 62a
TUBES: Getto Tubeless

Some of this gear is fairly new, if you know something I don't let me hear it:p

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
nice its a killer ride get chris king headset, and saint brakes (something other then hayes) and its a ride that will kill people down the track

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
wingman24 said:
OK on the KING, but I'm super-anti SH!TMONO, I have been thinking about some Magura Gustav's w/dangerboy levers ( I hate the stock ones) anyone? I would build it now but the frames are on a boat right now, but sooon yes very sooon..........
I am not a fan of shimano either, but at the moment there are no brakes on the market I would run over my saints.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
wingman24 said:
OK on the KING, but I'm super-anti SH!TMONO, I have been thinking about some Magura Gustav's w/dangerboy levers ( I hate the stock ones) anyone? I would build it now but the frames are on a boat right now, but sooon yes very sooon..........
i heard some good things aobut the gustav's, and someone is selling a pair on here for dirt cheap check it out on the buy and sell section (search)

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
konabiker said:
I am not a fan of shimano either, but at the moment there are no brakes on the market I would run over my saints.
check out avid juicy's also. Possibly juicy 7 carbons...:drool:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I got some Magura Liouse Fr's on my bighit. Even with a discount price, they are still hella pricey. The gustav's are super fricken expensive. :o:

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Dude, you might wanna reconsider the chain... i would recommend the PC-991 or 971..... not too much difference in price....

suicide shift is when you run 2 rings with no front mech, you can shift between them on the f1 by using your foot to switch between rings, it only works because of the chain pully, its just so you can run 22/34 and an mrp guide, I have to because alot of the trails I ride aren't shuddleable, so I have to sometimes.....................ready for it?........pedal up the hilll....:love: but the f1 pedals real well, and if you build it up light it isn't bad at all. (for all you nay sayers chris canfield has been running a suicide shift at races the last couple of years:blah: )

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
HOPE!

the M6's on my bmw are a dream. and lighter then the 2004 M4s i had on there.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
dude, you didn't really spec Lizard Skin grips, did you? those things have a chance of catastrophic failure, causing a rift in the very fabric of the universe, possibly ending all existance as we know it.

please, think of the children... :nopity:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Sick build. sounds awesome!

I held a bent and mangled XO rear in my hands once upon a time. Never again will i spend that much $ when the x7 does just as good a job.

Someone needs to build a white CFB F1, 06 boxxer WC and a DHXA shock. that would be ubber sickness!

Nov 15, 2005
I was gunna build a formula 1 with a dhx air and a fox40rc2 with all good components. I decided to go with the sunday wc in the end.....

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
ShredsTheGNAR said:
I was gunna build a formula 1 with a dhx air and a fox40rc2 with all good components. I decided to go with the sunday wc in the end.....
did you see that black ano sunday with the RC2 and deemax ? damn that was hotness