Quantcast

My 07 Race steed: SOCOM @ 37.2lbs

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
After sitting 4 months on my lazy ass in the afghani desert, a man can give himself a little present...

Some parts from my dhr, some brand new... Oh and it pedals like a rocket :)

And yes I know my lg1 isn't in the 12'o clock position, but I dremeled the hell out off it so I could rotate it this far and I can't get it any further otherwise the boomerang will hit the chainstay. I'll have to buy a wide plate if I have money again ;)

frame: 07 intense socom dhx 5,0
spring: progressive 350 x 3,0
fork: 06 boxxer world cup
seatpost: thomson elite 31,6
stem: funn rsx integrated
handlebar: easton ea70 mid rise
brakes: avid juicy carbon 203mm
pedals: atomlab trailkings
derailleur: sram X,0 shortcage
shifter: sram X,0
grips: Odi ruffian lock on
headset: Sunline V1 1.5" Reducer Headset
chainguide: e-13 lg1
cranks: Shimano Hone
chainring: e13 guide ring 38T
cassette: sram pg970 12-26
chain: sram pc990
seat : selle italia slr
front wheel: hope bulb on mavic d521cd
with dt swiss competition spokes
rear wheel: ringlé abbah on mavic d521cd
with dt swiss competition spokes
front tire: maxxis minion dhf 2,35 st
rear tire: maxxis high roller 2,35 60a
tubes: some brand X - xc tubes

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Sweet build. Are the 2.35s the single or 2 ply, though?

The weight is about what I expected with 2ply tires. If the are single ply I would have expected it a little lighter too. How does it ride?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
to be such a lightweight, race oriented frame, i almost expected it to be lighter..

oh well, still a great looking bike
it's a realistic weight, with realistic parts (like DH casing tires). frame weight really only accounts for a few pounds (ok, little more than a few from lightest frame to heaviest frame but still), everything else is how light/fragile the build is.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
it's a realistic weight, with realistic parts (like DH casing tires). frame weight really only accounts for a few pounds (ok, little more than a few from lightest frame to heaviest frame but still), everything else is how light/fragile the build is.
2.35s only come in single ply in the US

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
It rides very well, pedals like a dream and it's 2.5kg lighter then my old bike , it's so easy to trow around.

I chose 2ply tyres because on some tracks overhere you have some pretty big rocks:)

And I did get the 2.35 2ply's at chainreaction, can't you get those in the us?

I also expected it to be lighter, but the digi scale doesn't lie.

Maybe my scale is not correct or all the other socom owners that have them at 35-36lbs their scales aren't correct;)

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Hehe, yea some people use a Ridemonkey calibrated scale which tends to take off weight...

You could save a good bit of weight in a few other places. Your pedals alone if you went with MG-1's you'd save 200g.

Sweet looking bike though!

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
Hehe, yea some people use a Ridemonkey calibrated scale which tends to take off weight...

You could save a good bit of weight in a few other places. Your pedals alone if you went with MG-1's you'd save 200g.

Sweet looking bike though!
Thx, yeah i know about the pedals, but these are going strong for like 5 years or so. Only had to replace one bearing and I really like them, so why replace them ;)

Hairyballs

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Sweden
Nice bikebuild there! That frame is awsome, how does it work with the RS WC fork? What size is the frame?

[RideLBSmonkeys] :busted: haha:p

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Good eye man!!!! I never thought of that.

Hydraulicman,
Where did you get the DH casing 2.35s? I got mine from chainreactioncycles.com

Can you get them in the states now?
also look at his location. :clue:

i wouldn't change a thing on that bike. awesome spec.