Quantcast

My 09' P bike

Mar 17, 2009
Sac town!
Hey guys, I dont have a rolling piece of gold like some of you guys do (jealous:p) But I love my bike.

Only things I have done are taken off the front brake, slammed the seat, chopped the post, and wrapped it in a bandana :thumb:

Im starting to think about a new frame, which will mean a new rear hub.

Ive been looking at the NS frames, Spank, Doberman. There all in my price range for the most part. But what else is cool? Im trying to loose some weight on my bike, right now im at 30.1, and its not bad, but a little less weight never hurt the bunnyhops :weee:

I havent had much trouble with anything else other then I want a different color frame so I can go black and purple, or white out. Im not to into orange, it looks better in person, but still. One thing id like to do would be if im getting new hubs would be new gearing, I like the 28/14 ratio, but I want to run a 25, or maybe even a 23T sprocket with probably a 11 rear cassette? I havent bent my rims (amazingly LOL) Forks are good, im sure some like the 4 cross or something would be lighter, but I dont have the $$ right now:rant:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Well first of all the right gearing on a 26" would be 28x13 or 26x12 just to let you know. 12 is the smallest tooth cog made for a cassette hub. Anything smaller would have to be a driver hub which means you would need a frame with bmx rear spacing 110mm the only one I know off hand like that is the Dobermann Molosse.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
12 is the smallest tooth cog made for a cassette hub. Anything smaller would have to be a driver hub which means you would need a frame with bmx rear spacing 110mm
Not so, I have an 11T driver in my nashbar hub. It's disc, and 135mm. (and cost me $35 brand new)

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Don't worry so much about whats "cool" If your bike works and you like the way it rides then rip it up and have fun. Save your money for buying shovels ;)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I have an 11 tooth DRIVER on a 14 by 135 hub. not easy to find a frame to fit that (mine was custom made) but they do exist. khe geisha is an 11 tooth driver AND its a freecoaster. thats what i have currently.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
last zakk is available with a 11t, 12t, and 14t driver. about the dmr hub, he can buy the 10x135 version, and put the driver on instead. theres also the halo djd, and eastern makes a driver hub.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
what driver works on that hub and is it sealed? Did not know anyone but maybe Profile made a 135mm driver compatible hub. Good to know.
Odyssey. You'd need to get a couple of bearings too, they come with 14x28mm and you'll need 12x28mm (sealed) bearings. I found a 10-pack of these online for about 15 bucks.

Last edited: