Quantcast

My 2009 Demo 8

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
Just thought I would throw up a few pics of my Demo 8 after a few upgrades. I got this bike in late October and like it just as much as my demo 7. I bought it and changed it quite a bit right away. If you want specs I will post them.

Sorry a little blurry

Last edited:

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
2006 Chevy 3500HD dually Crew cab long bed with 6.6 liter turbo diesel and Allison tranny. Almost 400hp stock, 680 ft pounds of torque. Aftermarket wheels. It pulls like a mother f**ker.

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
hey man, come show us your green trike blurred in the back of your stem.
seriously, have you ridden the bike long enough to compare it to the demo 7? do you justify the change for that small amount of travel/head angle?

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
miuan: I rode the Demo 7 for 2 seasons and sold it for a great price. I was going to get a V10, but I liked the way the 7 rode so I thought I would try the 8. Anything wrong with me getting a new bike that I paid for myself?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Cool lookin' bike.. i have the same one and i'm thinking about going w/ the boxxer team as well. That or a totem solo air. What do you think of your boxxer on the 8? Also, how did you get the anodizing off of your cranks?

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
miuan: I rode the Demo 7 for 2 seasons and sold it for a great price. I was going to get a V10, but I liked the way the 7 rode so I thought I would try the 8. Anything wrong with me getting a new bike that I paid for myself?
Nothing wrong dude, I actually needed advice from a rider like you. Being able to get 7.7" travel and 65 deg HA from a stock demo 7, while maintaining a reasonable BB height, I perceive it a nearly perfect race bike for our not too rocky courses. Plus you can ride a SC fork thanks to the 1.5" HT which you can't with the 8. I would probably run a boxxer anyway, but really, is there any noticeable difference between the two?

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
2006 Chevy 3500HD dually Crew cab long bed with 6.6 liter turbo diesel and Allison tranny. Almost 400hp stock, 680 ft pounds of torque. Aftermarket wheels. It pulls like a mother f**ker.
LOL only a yank would have that! get a European car, will go much faster and do much better mpg!! oh and would look better!!hehe:cheers:

But joking aside, i actually like the look of the new demo...does it ride well?

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
I rode the Demo 7 for one season with the stock Totems and really liked that, but they kept blowing up so I got a Boxxer Team on warrenty and rode with those the second year. I liked the Boxxer way more than the Totem. So now I have a demo 8 with the Boxxer and like it more than the 7 because it is a little slacker and has a little higher bb, which is good for Northstar because it is all rocks. If your courses aren't to rocky I'd say go for the 7.