Quantcast

my 223

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
That's a great looking bike. I'm getting jealous. Looks very clean w/o the decals. That's one of the first bikes I've seen where the Fox 40 did not look huge and out of place. Have fun.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
woah ****.. thats hot... the hydroformed lines really stick out and give it a nice 3d look.
btw, your e13 need to be rotated clockwise a bit more.

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
dhkid said:
woah ****.. thats hot... the hydroformed lines really stick out and give it a nice 3d look.
btw, your e13 need to be rotated clockwise a bit more.
Yea I need to drill a new hole in it to move it It's fine for know

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Lux, thank's for posting for me.Whats the riding like in NC now ? I am heading down to visit my father for a week and I want to ride,He lives in New Bern.I know there realy isnt any good riding there s I will have to travel a bit but thats cool with me just as long as I can ride.thank's

Phil

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
awsome build man, and if you get the chance i say make your way up to the asheville area and hit up some of the shops and they will be able to direct you to some good dh trails. have fun man and enjoy nc.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
phil said:
Lux, thank's for posting for me.Whats the riding like in NC now ? I am heading down to visit my father for a week and I want to ride,He lives in New Bern.I know there realy isnt any good riding there s I will have to travel a bit but thats cool with me just as long as I can ride.thank's

Phil
It's very flat around here. Check out http://trianglemtb.com/ and look up the Bicycle post trails in Greenville. Probably the closest technical trails to New Bern.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
Looks good, but why didn't you get an avalanche shock? I've heard they work very well on Oranges.

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
WOW, now that is muddy. Not to trash your ride or anything and its just a sugestion i think it would look alittle better with the factory stickers..you know? it would just complete it. but w/e its ur bike just an idea.

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
I went to three differant grfic places today and not one would be able to make them for me for like a week wtf ?? So If any one knows were to get them let me know.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
I'm actually very impressed to see a bike go through 3 owners like that. All the mega-groms down here ride super-janky oranges that make a ton of noise. I kinda assumed they were all cracked. Does a brand new orange make a ton of noise?

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
I'm actually very impressed to see a bike go through 3 owners like that. All the mega-groms down here ride super-janky oranges that make a ton of noise. I kinda assumed they were all cracked. Does a brand new orange make a ton of noise?
This is probably one of the quietest bikes I have owned

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
SirChomps-a-Lot said:

haha, that reminds me of all the people with M1's around here that are lound as sh*t.

basically if you put some sort of protection on the swingarm (near the dropout where the deraileur and chain can slap it) you have a silent bike... and sram deraileurs help too since the can't swing forward and hit the swingarm.

so many peopl neglect doing such a simple thing and their bikes sound awful (not to mention swingarms that are all paint chiped and ugly). i love sitting on the lift and hearing metal on metal noise from super expensive bikes as the deraileur and chain hit hollow swingarms.

my 223 and 224 were/are silent