Quantcast

My apartment building flooded, 95 is shut down, there is 3' of standing water.....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I dont know about you guys, but here in Richmond VA, there is a LOT of rain!

95 has been shut down, there is 3+ feet of standing water on some roads, my apartment and my neighbors are collecting water, its crazy! Its like Hurricane Isabell all over again

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Funny you guys say so much about boats and kayaks. I just went out in the rain with two girls from my building (read: hot;)) and we ran into some people with a kayak. We ripped it up in downtown richmond. Then We walked to the bridge over 95, and there was ~5 feet of standing water on 95. it was CRAZY. I didnt want to ruin my new digi-cam, so I dont have any pictures, sorry :(

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Mike, I just saw on the news that hill (Church Hill) you crashed on and ripped your glove. Well most of it has slid into the street below.

15th Street in the Bottom is a raging river. Washing semi-trucks away.

This is nuts. Richmond has had 7-8 inches of rain today.

Mike

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Richmond was a mess. I was stuck in traffic for a long time until an accident was cleared. A large depression under a bridge on the downtown expressway was filled with a good three feet of water and people just plowed right in and stalled, followed by more cars which plowed in and rear-ended the stalled cars. It was quite the wreck.

It also turns out that my little umbrella is useless when it's raining sideways as often as from above. And that I should always wash a new silk shirt before wearing it in the rain, as it will bleed navy blue ink all over my pants and car upholstery. Lovely.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Ha! That's the TS that hit South Carolina late Saturday and yesterday. Weirdly given how everyone around here freaks out at the slightest hint of interesting weather, no one had even noticed that it was coming. Sneak attack!

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
wooglin said:
no one had even noticed that it was coming. Sneak attack!
No kidding. I was going to ride tomorrow for the first time in a week, finally had time during the day. :( Back to the boring elliptical machine...

beckah

hey man I'm not a groupie...a closet enthusiast !
Dec 10, 2003
Philly
Mike - I use places that you have crashed as landmarks even to people who don't know you. :D

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
wow, nothing more than a drizzle up here. Just heard on the news you guys were over 12" by now.... I could even go dirt jumping tomorrow, maybe I will since you can't....:eviltongu

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DßR said:
wow, nothing more than a drizzle up here. Just heard on the news you guys were over 12" by now.... I could even go dirt jumping tomorrow, maybe I will since you can't....:eviltongu
I'm just 45 minutes west of Ricmond and barely got a drop. The good news for all you Richmonders is that dry trails aren't that far away.:thumb:

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Westy said:
I'm just 45 minutes west of Ricmond and barely got a drop. The good news for all you Richmonders is that dry trails aren't that far away.:thumb:
Ooh in that case I'm going to Walnut Creek.
:thumb: