Quantcast

My bike is on the road!!!!!

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
After months of waiting that day has finally arrived :). I have had the idea for this project since mid '03 and decided to go through with it at the end of June '04. It started with an old Benotto Modelo 800 steel frame from the late '70s, the frame was in good shape but the paint and decals were not. I got it repainted and had new decals made for it. This process was only supposed to take 3-4 weeks, but ended up taking 2 months. While it was being done I bought piece-by-piece all of the components. Chorus '04 Brake-Set, front and rear derailleurs, cassette. FSA Superlight carbon fiber crank. Record threaded headset. Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels...

Today I got the final piece that I was waiting for, a mavic freewheel body, a campagnolo one since I got the shimano wheel (it was the only one left). Switched them put the cassette on tuned it up, then that was that I had a complete and rideable bike. I was riding a loaner bike while all this was going on and it was a nice one, Al frame carbon fork and Daytona groupo. But once I jumped on the old Benotto there was no comparison, the ride of the steel frame with the precision and technology of the modern components two eras of cycling met and harmonized. Well whatever I am getting carried away, most of you have probably stopped reading by now.

But anyways I will post some pictures shortly and you can see the beauty of this bike, I think that some of you will like and appreciate it as much as I do.