Quantcast

My bike

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Well, I'm just about done with my new bike. It's a 2006 Iron Horse Yakuza Type R.

I have a few adjustments to make, like rotating my chainguide counterclockwise some, and another few things here and there. I want to get a matching azonic outlaw front wheel soon aswell.

Here she is:

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I've always loved the yakuzas. However, that one has a sick build and looks super nasty. Yeah, matching wheels (maybe white in the future) and a dhx 5.0 would make that THE bike.

Sick bike dude

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
do the bolts on your 40 hit your downtube? If so buy those little round adhesive pads and put them on your frame so you save your paint and dents in the frame.

Wow, you're good. The bolts do actually hit the downtube. I guess I'll check out what you said, and maybe something else to protect the frame.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
^ ^ ^
If I get a new rear shock (big chance I will) I would get an 8.75x2.75 dhx as the current manitou is 9x2.75 but Fox doesn't make 9x2.75

It should be fine clearance wise as the 07 models come with the dhx 3.0 or the vanilla r or whatever it is.

I rode the big today in my backyard. The frame feels so stiff compared to the flex chicken of the bighit. :biggrin:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
dude instead of sticking little adhesive pads to your frame. why dont you get some different bolts with smaller heads, or just take a dremel or die grinder to the head. it will shorten the heigth of the bolt and you will still have plenty of surface for that 5 mm to grap ahold of, or whaterver size it is. just my advise instead of felt covered pads on a hot bike that that :plthumbsdown:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
dude instead of sticking little adhesive pads to your frame. why dont you get some different bolts with smaller heads, or just take a dremel or die grinder to the head. it will shorten the heigth of the bolt and you will still have plenty of surface for that 5 mm to grap ahold of, or whaterver size it is. just my advise instead of felt covered pads on a hot bike that that :plthumbsdown:
its not the bolts that hit, its the actual crown where the bolts go in that hits. cant be prevented with out taking material off the crown.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by gonefirefighten
do the bolts on your 40 hit your downtube
well ive never owned a 40 so unfortunatly i dont have much experiance with this problem. i thought bolts becuase thats exactly what you said.:confused: