Quantcast

My Demo 8 with 07 Fox 40 RC2.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
The center of the crank bolt, and on a hard floor, not carpet.:)
was it in an exact 90 degree angle perfectly horizontal with the floor?
was the floor checked wtih a carpenter's level to ensure it was not sloped?
was the front tire inflated to manufacturer's recomendation?
did you have the front and rear coil springs fully engaged by at least 1 turn of preload?
did you hold one eye closed and/or squint?

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Nice bike......what travel is the fork set at.....?......

if you put a 34 on that and lower the fork you could cover alot of ground.....uphill and downhill.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Cant Climb said:
Nice bike......what travel is the fork set at.....?......

if you put a 34 on that and lower the fork you could cover alot of ground.....uphill and downhill.
Right now it is set at 8 inches.
I would like to put an LG1 on there anyway and then I could use a 34t to tool around on for fun.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
If you get an LG1 be careful. I crashed my bike once and now my guide's all jacked after being DIALED. I think I'm gonna get a Gamut next so I don't have to worry about it so much, and it's lighter than the SRS.

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
Bicyclist said:
I think I'm gonna get a Gamut next so I don't have to worry about it so much, and it's lighter than the SRS.
let me get this straight! :clue:

you trashed an e13 guide and now are thinking of getting a Gamut thinking it's stronger? Lighter, maybe. Stronger, I highly doubt.

Nice bike Jeremy!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
You could always make a taco for the LG1, then you would be light as possible, AND have all the bash protection you will ever need...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Oh yeah, sick rig Jeremy! Looking forward to seeing you out there this year.

Dave

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Jeremy - ... you filthy whore, now my Demo 8 is no longer the most pimp-tacular.:D

Damn - I couldn't have spec'd a Demo 8 build any better myself - cept' maybe for a King headset in gold...:)

Herndon has the exact same suspension components that you have and he says he loves it. Are you aware of the special way he tunes his DB and 40? I could share some info w/ you that he has passed on to me if you like.

Have you ridden those DT 5.1 rims yet? If so, how have they held up so far?

I should have some pics of my rig up on the Monkey by tomorrow night if I can borrow my friends' digi camera.

...Juicy 7 Carbons... one of my many upgrades for next year... sweet ride man.

See ya at the Open this weekend.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
dw said:
You could always make a taco for the LG1, then you would be light as possible, AND have all the bash protection you will ever need...
I was going to, but when I crashed once my boomerang bent. Now I can't seem to space it right to stop the rubbing, after it was set up perfectly.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
S.K.C. said:
Have you ridden those DT 5.1 rims yet? If so, how have they held up so far?

See ya at the Open this weekend.
This is what I can tell you about those rims. They have a really good tire profile with a 2.5 tire, the tubeless kit for these rims works like a UST rim, and these jokers are super light. They held up great on the rocky Massanutten course, but I don't know about the long haul yet.
Since they are narrow like Rhyno lights, I think I will be less likely to dent the rim from rocks and such, but I have no idea how they will stand up to getting flat spots etc... I have been known to turn a rim or two into a egg.:)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hey Jeremy. You know we were wondering about where a derailleur mounts on the Demo8. Welll B said it mounts tot he post on teh chainstay. Freaky huh? A derailleur on a moving part.

Oh and Can't Climb...lowering the travel up front would most likely require raising the legs in the stanchions to keep the BB from burying in the ground.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
a four page thread about j.r.'s new bike.

he'll need a bigger helmet for the upcoming weekend.

you guys rip it up this weekend at the open.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Orfen said:
let me get this straight! :clue:

you trashed an e13 guide and now are thinking of getting a Gamut thinking it's stronger? Lighter, maybe. Stronger, I highly doubt.
Lighter definitley, stronger, probably not but I haven't heard of many Gamut failures. If your Gamut breaks be happy that it wasn't your crank. And he was talking about the LG1, which has no bashguard.

Oh, and really sick bike. I like the new Fox paintjob.