Quantcast

My DH bike finally finished (PDC)

aidanwray

Chimp
May 16, 2005
UK
whaddya guys reckon?
i just got osme avid juicy7s and middleburn cranks on it, and its lookin good. unfortunately i wont be able to ride it for awhile (cancer, months of chemotherapy) but its something to look forward to for when im fixed, im really hAppy with it.

im from the UK, so we dont see many of these over here, ive only been able to ride it a handful of times, but with all the weight so low down, it corners like its on rails

aidanwray

Chimp
May 16, 2005
UK
theyre Halo Tornado's on hadley hubs built with DTswiss alpine 3s.
makes a really nice, pretty light wheelset (built by 'mister mental' on here)

cheers for the comments

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
congrats. you will like the bike when it's time to ride it. I have one and it's amazing. What country are you in?

Good luck with the chemo.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That is really low standover, wow.

Good luck on the chemo, get better soon!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice bike and I love the NYC components has made all the way to the UK - not you just need the pedals which I love. Hope you will be 100% very soon.

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
Hey man

wow. that must ride so nice with all the CG so low down. good luck with the chemo!!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Keep that bike in view as you get the chemo. Your desire to ride it should pretty much will everything into order...

Those things are gorgeous, at least in a functional way. Let us know how it rides when you finally get back on. I'd LOVE to get a few runs in on one myself.

And, umm, Mr. 66...good god...that's amazing...

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
MikeD said:
Keep that bike in view as you get the chemo. Your desire to ride it should pretty much will everything into order...
True dat!!! I really like the blue color. You have alot to look forward to. I wish you the best!

66- which model WB is that, what's your thought's on it.

I'm looking at the PDC freeride w/ the WB DHR myself.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Nice bike man. But more importantly good luck with the chemo. My dad was diagnosed 2 days before christmas and did chemo from Jan to the end of March. He lost his hair, so I shaved my head the same day he took out the rest of his. Anyway, keep that bike in your mind, and it'll pass faster than you think. My dad said things start to taste like metal, but it passes. Again, good luck dude.

Pete

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Brad23 said:
66- which model WB is that, what's your thought's on it.

It's an '05 DH2.0. In short, it's a great fork. I made a very good choice in picking it. I'm going to do a review in the near future of the fork and frame.

aidanwray

Chimp
May 16, 2005
UK
nice dh1 you have too, i think ill invest in a ti spring just to neaten up the colour scheme then its 100% done!

bc2002

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Vancouver, BC
@#$% MAN! That's sweet!

Can't wait for the review. Either DH or freeride those PDC fella's look like they know what their doing.

Good luck on the chemo and keep the rubber side down!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Brad23 said:
dude! so am i! with a dhx air & some light bits, that would be a hawt ride - in theory, anyways. they're presently doing the first production run that should be ready pretty soon...

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
really nice bike, never leave it out of your sight and it will help you come out fighting!
get well soon

TamaSKA

Chimp
Sep 26, 2003
London, UK
hooo that bike is different. i havent heard about this company yet

it must ride like a tomac204 i guess. pure dh racing

get well soon mate! :thumb:

aidanwray

Chimp
May 16, 2005
UK
cheers guys.

im not sure on the weight. its not heavy, but its not really light.
maybe 42/43lbs ??

whilst im out of action for awhile, ive just started building up a new hardtail too!

a NSbikes bitch (www.ns-bikes.com)
RS Pikes,
Hope Bulbs on 24" Sun MTXs,
E13 chain device with Sram X9
Saint Cranks
you get the picture.... will be sweeet

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i ran into a guy from pdc (riding the dh bike) the other day. really neat looking frame. nice & compact; passed the parking lot test with flying colorss. he said that they're shaving a good chunk of weight (he said a couple pounds) from the second generation dh frame - though we probably wont see it untill vegas. they're currently working on a production run of freeride frames - sounds like they should'nt be too long...

aidanwray

Chimp
May 16, 2005
UK
yup, im meant to be riding for PDC UK (the cancer gets in the way ysee, lol) so ive heard about this second gen DH one too. its looking good

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
cool. its kinda wierd that they're establishing a presence in the uk, while they're almost nonexistant here in vancouver. apparently half of the first production run of freerides (50 in total) is slated for the uk market. speaking of which, have you heard any feedback on the freeride that was built up by some uk team guy not long ago?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Sweet bike, looks like a ton of fun.Just out of curiosity...did you pick the color to match the trampoline, or was that just an added bonus?

Good luck with the chemo man, just stay strong its probably gonna suck for a while but just dont give up and keep looking at that bike. Sounds like that hardtail will be a sweet way to pass the time. Good luck and God Bless!