Quantcast

My Evil broke!

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
JSA, just shipping along
When it got crushed by a 3,000 lbs roll of aluminum sheeting that fell on to it's box! :dead:
My Evil, my z150 and a saint group all gone in one squish!
Now comes the paper work and trying to get the shipping co. to cover the cost of a new one. I almost had a HT again and splat (literaly) its going to be a longer wait.
(tear)
kai-

waaaaaaaaaaaaa

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Even though it will be covered, it's like the spirit is dead.

It's like that jackass who totaled his bosses Mclaren F1 while taking it for a lunch time spin. Just such a damn shame when something so purdy is destroyed...

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
nope, i hadn't even seen it yet. The frame and fork were older, but everthing else was brand new. I didn't even get to stare at it longingly.

It was like a super model...I only got to ride it in my dreams.
kai-

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
man, the shipping company will pay out the nose, but it may take 3-6 months. Find a GOOD bike shop to get an estimate. They will generally give you a sky high repair estimate if they think you will be buying there. UPS paid through the nose when they destroyed one of my servers in shipping.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Transcend said:
man, the shipping company will pay out the nose, but it may take 3-6 months. Find a GOOD bike shop to get an estimate. They will generally give you a sky high repair estimate if they think you will be buying there. UPS paid through the nose when they destroyed one of my servers in shipping.
HAHA
i am the bike shop! (or at least i work at it)
but how much better can i make the bike sound?
Evil imp, Z150, full saint group, evil guide.
Thats what it was, i don't think it gets more $$ than that!
I hope i get the cash sooner. I want my bike.
Kai-

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
HippieKai said:
HAHA
i am the bike shop! (or at least i work at it)
but how much better can i make the bike sound?
Evil imp, Z150, full saint group, evil guide.
Thats what it was, i don't think it gets more $$ than that!
I hope i get the cash sooner. I want my bike.
Kai-
its all about those 4 little letters: MRSP

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
zedro said:
i guess its like the time i ordered that mail-order bride and uhhh....

...your right, getting the replacement one just doesnt feel right

....and it wouldnt have looked nice either if it was a mail order bride !

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Holy crap dude! That sucks!!!

Hey, if you get pictures of that one, I for one would love to see that. I cant imagine the carnage. The thing must be flat!

sorry man

Dave

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
dw said:

Hey, if you get pictures of that one, I for one would love to see that. I cant imagine the carnage. The thing must be flat!

sorry man

Dave
Yes i'll get pics as soon as everything gets sorted out on their end.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i don't want to take this shipping co for everything i could think of...i just want my bike back. Since they don't make a Z150 anymore the 66 would be the replacement. But i'm not going to talk the thing up to get a but ton of cash. I just want what it was worth.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Are they gonna ship you the broken stuff?
I'd be interested to see if them Sain Cranks survived it.
Everything else must be toast, but cranks are pretty solid.
Maybe a bent spider though.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
-BB- said:
Are they gonna ship you the broken stuff?
I'd be interested to see if them Sain Cranks survived it.
Everything else must be toast, but cranks are pretty solid.
Maybe a bent spider though.
yes i'll see everything, and like i said, i will try to post some pics.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
HippieKai said:
i don't want to take this shipping co for everything i could think of...i just want my bike back. Since they don't make a Z150 anymore the 66 would be the replacement. But i'm not going to talk the thing up to get a but ton of cash. I just want what it was worth.
Bummer man. Any chance one of the fine folks at e13/evil can help push that replacement along? I can't be the first one to think of that...

Anyway, much credit to you for not wanting to screw the shipping company too much. But keep in mind that you want it replaced, you don't want what it was worth. Insurance doesn't always cover replacement cost, sometimes it's fair value - most of the time, in my limited experience. Since some of that stuff was used it's probably not worth what it would cost to replace it...so yeah talk it up a bit unless you're sure about the replacement concept.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
HippieKai said:
JSA, just shipping along
When it got crushed by a 3,000 lbs roll of aluminum sheeting that fell on to it's box! :dead:
kai-
2 words

Holy Crap! :eek:

dw said:

sorry man

Dave
Week dude....you didn't design your bike to wistand that? :D Where is your thinking outside the box? :rolleyes: You should definately get a picture of that thing.....blown up and on the wall. If they can get a picture with the roll ontop of it that would be sweet.....or an Evil imprint in the roll would be better. :D

"Evil....built to survive "almost" everthing"

That is freaking crazy....but a cool story if Kai gets handled by the insurance company alright.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Rhino's post reminded me of something, you could probably buy the bike back from your insurance for really cheap as really cool wall ornament. :D

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Just FYI:
I traded a 99 Karpiel Disco for a De Rosa Merak. When I drove back home, I flew off the road and wrecked my car w/ the De Rosa in the back. My State Farm auto insurance didn't cover the car or anything else, but my renter's from the same company coverd the bike. They paid out $4500.00 for it without even seeing it. I had my LBS total the bike out at $4980.00 or so and they paid for replacement cost. I also got to keep the wrecked bike; they didn't even want it.
So, I think you will get to keep it. Mount it up like it's modern art!

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Pau11y said:
Mount it up like it's modern art!
Here I am, thinking of something along the lines of Andres Serrano's work (specifically the Load album cover), involving bodily fluids and Evil, because I know that's how I feel about their bikes :love:

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
SuperSlow said:
quit slacking and get some pics
i need to get it from them first, it may be a few days because of x-mas.

by the way...happy holidays dude, and tell Liz and Erik the same.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
damn man, i think "my evil broke" is an understatement...

hope ya get it all figured out man, just dont be a lazy ass and take as long as you did to build up your Hardline... heck its not even yours anymore;) mel probably has ridden it more than you!