Quantcast

My face and left shoulder got to meet a tree today.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
The tree won.

Was going through some fast singletrack, lost traction regained it to notice I was going to crash into a tree. Had no time at all to react. I'm relatively ok, nothing broken. Damage to the bike front wheel has a massive flat spot, still finished the ride on it all 15 miles of. Me, I bruised my chest, bruised my left shoulder at th collar bone, and scratches and other bruises.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
My first concern was not getting a picture of me on a bike right at that moment. I was in a world of hurt, felt a bit nauseous, was trembling quite a bit that right there made me find a clearing to sit down for for awhile to regain myslef. Looked over the bike and then finished the ride. What I need to fix/replace is the crankset/bottombracket. Probably going to get either a Race Face or Shimano Crankset tomorrow depends on what I can get for $490(Yes I know a good wide choice to choose from.) Front wheel was toast but fortunately I had the back up wheel on it, front one I'm waiting for replacement parts to rebuild the hub. Yes I am still hurting from the crash, not as bad as I was, but still hurting.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Rip said:
My first concern was not getting a picture of me on a bike right at that moment. I was in a world of hurt, felt a bit nauseous, was trembling quite a bit that right there made me find a clearing to sit down for for awhile to regain myslef. Looked over the bike and then finished the ride. What I need to fix/replace is the crankset/bottombracket. Probably going to get either a Race Face or Shimano Crankset tomorrow depends on what I can get for $490(Yes I know a good wide choice to choose from.) Front wheel was toast but fortunately I had the back up wheel on it, front one I'm waiting for replacement parts to rebuild the hub. Yes I am still hurting from the crash, not as bad as I was, but still hurting.

you trashed your front wheel, BB & crankset??? How is that possible? :rolleyes:

and why didnt you get a pic of yourself on your bike on a trail BEFORE you crashed?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
douglas said:
you trashed your front wheel, BB & crankset??? How is that possible? :rolleyes:

and why didnt you get a pic of yourself on your bike on a trail BEFORE you crashed?
BB was on it's last legs, I used the bottom bracket as an excuse to get a new crankset that is about 4 and a half years old and the wheel...well, I was just pissed so I wound up taking the wheel off since I flatted and slammed the the wheel into a large rock. Got pissed because at that section I usually never crash. Plus it is hard to get any action shots when you are on a SOLO ride. But in little more than one week I should have some action shots.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
douglas said:
wheres the pic of you on a bike on a trail??
Its never gunna happen with this guy.....ive been bugging him for years after learning that he could do backflips and a bunch of crazy stuff. Havent seen a one! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: