Quantcast

My favorite squat machine

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Granted, there is no subsitute for squats with a barbell, but it's always good to mix things up. My gym got this machine in the last year, and it's my favorite for squat alternatives. You stand facing the blue pad for a squat movement, stand with your back to the blue pad for a hack squat. When I use this, I do three warmup sets, four heavy work sets, and a final set with low weight, high reps (25 or so). :)

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
I'm too cheap fora Gym.
I workout in the back of my work's building, next to the trash bins..
I use a mat and for Abs I do the leg lifts & crunches w/o mechanical intervention...

:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I kind of have to use a machine for squats. I used to have a bad habit of falling over with 300#'s on my shoulders.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Granted, there is no subsitute for squats with a barbell, but it's always good to mix things up. My gym got this machine in the last year, and it's my favorite for squat alternatives. You stand facing the blue pad for a squat movement, stand with your back to the blue pad for a hack squat. When I use this, I do three warmup sets, four heavy work sets, and a final set with low weight, high reps (25 or so). :)

I used to never use machines for squats. Now I'm forced to with my knee. I HATE machines.