Quantcast

My First BMX Bike

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Kink Apex, got it last week. Figured since I just turned 28, might as well get my first BMX bike. :busted:

Changed the tires to KHE's and seatpost to Animal Stump. Thats it. Will deffinately be putting pegs on, once I get the hang of the bike. No need for pegs as of right now.
I've only had two rides on it, but I already see the fun times potential.

22.6 lbs as it sits now.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
literally the first bmx bike ? you didn't have one in elementary school and jr. high ?

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
literally the first bmx bike ? you didn't have one in elementary school and jr. high ?
Yes sir, litteraly the first bmx bike ever. I was born/grew up in Moscow, Russia - and over there I had a 26" monster mountain bike named Salut - waaay big for me. Then when I came to US in 93 I got a 10speed road bike for 7$ at a stoop sale, that was wack, so I upgraded it to a sick 89$ Walmart bike, and on and on. Ever since then I've always had mountain bikes.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Nope, it didnt come with those bar ends - swapped them out from my Tonic since it was getting new grips anyway - them bar ends are Kink, so they matched the seatclamp and sprocket perfectly.
The bike come in at 23.75 lbs stock. KHE's took off at least 10 oz each over the orignial tires. Also the shorter seatpost took a chunk of weight off. So yea - I didnt believe it myself, 22.6, but i weighted it on 2 different scales to the same result.

-Kink Apex 20.75"
-Odyssey Pro Race Classic Fork
-Kink Sealed Integrated Headset
-Kink Badger V2
-Kink 25t Sound Sprocket
-Sun City Lite 36H Chome Rear Rim
-Sun Rhyno Lite 36H Black Front Rim
-Unmarked Front and Rear Hubs
-KHE tires
-Flow 175mm 48 spline 19mm
-Sealed Mid Bottom Bracket
-KMC 510HX
-Odyssey Twisted PC
-Odyssey Evo II Brakes
-Odyssey Medium Monolever
-Odyssey Linear Brake Cable
-Kink Kevlar Pivotal Slim
-Animal Stump
-Kink Trim Seat Post Clamp

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
thanks yall. even the 5-0 likes the bike. they gave me a compliment on it as they stopped me for riding on the sidewalk :) :)

been working alot last week, have only taken it out 3 times, for about 45mins each.... love it so far.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY

lil update. actualy did some upgrades that ADDED weight! :poster_oops::monkeydance:
some real pegs instead of plegs.
and animal glhr instead of khe park tire.
an ounce over 24.
have had this bike for almost a year now. and i LOVE it.

lil baby action shot, cuz thats all i got.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nice. I've got an Apex too. I'm starting to think the TT might be too short for me, but that's not stopping me from riding it (I'm 6'1" and the TT is 20.5" - I think I'd be more comfortable on a 21.5")

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
had a sick little session tonight, followed by about 5 pints.

every bike session should be followed by a half a dozen brooklyn lagers while biggie/big l/nas blasts. brooklyn rules :)