Quantcast

my first century, in the books!!

fatpandas

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
atlanta
the cartersville GA beautiful backroads century 105.

i've never ridden more than 60 miles before at once, and no one bothered to tell me that after about 80 miles 23c michelins start looking like velociraptors.

regardless, i was able to deny the urge to stop and clocked in at 5:14.

fatpandas

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
atlanta
total. i stopped once after about 73 miles and got the worst cramps i have ever had, and decided that i would not stop pedaling until i got to the end.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i totally forgot that was today!! we had a lot of ppl coming in to get stuff for it at the shop i work at but that just slipped my mind.

where in atlanta do you live fatpanda, if you've been riding for a while i'm sure i've run into you....

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Congrats on the century!
You just have to love that feeling where your body is totally trying to turn the switch off but your mind doesn't want to have any part of it.

I'd imagine the post-ride-beer was one of the tastiest beers you've ever had in your life.
:thumb:

dhrider

Chimp
Nov 5, 2003
culpeper,VA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
You just have to love that feeling where your body is totally trying to turn the switch off but your mind doesn't want to have any part of it.
pain... oh i love it when it hurts.

fatpandas

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
atlanta
indieboy said:
where in atlanta do you live fatpanda, if you've been riding for a while i'm sure i've run into you....
i used to live on 12th street but they are demolishing my building so i split a few months ago and made the fiance happy by moving up to dunwoody, but i still work downtown at the bike shop.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
fatpandas said:
i used to live on 12th street but they are demolishing my building so i split a few months ago and made the fiance happy by moving up to dunwoody, but i still work downtown at the bike shop.
which shop? i work over at apb........