Quantcast

My First Real Bike Trip............

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
I am getting very excited........I am taking my first real bike trip this weekend...........Friday we will ride Oak Mt in Birmingham, then onto TN to ride the Tansani Saturday morning and raft the Upper/Middle Ocoee in the afternoon.....then onto GA for a Sunday ride at Bull Mt. and back home. Now we all know I have limited skills......I will probably only ride 7 or 10 miles depending on how technical the trail is........I guess I am mainly going to have a good time and be there if any of our pals needs a ride to the hospital........ha!ha! Wish me luck!:rolleyes:

:mumble:
Nath isn't going..........he has to work.
D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So you'll be a woman alone in the woods? Could you please post more specific details?

Nath? You mean Nathan? Isn't that cute.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
No I am not going to be alone.....our bike club friends are going.........Teresa, Mike, and our British friend Paul (he is so much fun!) Paul's idea of the schedule is Friday ......ride bikes ......drink beer..........Sat........ride bikes......drink beer.....paddle............drink more beer..............and Sun........ride bikes and then drink beer........

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Can't be more specific about what time we will ride yet because I haven't gotten a schedule from Teresa.....we are scheduled to paddle at 1:30pm on Sat but that's it.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
You know that would be her! I will tell her hello for you. You might also know Mike Cook as well Andy........Paul did the OC this year but he wasn't here previously because he was in England.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Does N8 know about this Paul character?

Yep. They ride together sometimes.

I do worry about Paul holding his own on this trip...........I think Teresa thinks he's cute...........:rofl:

J

JRB

I wonder if Paul is really ukjason throwing "nath" a curve ball.

I wonder if MizN8 will figure out how glorious the silence is and never return home.

I should ask ukjason this questions. :think:

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
MizN8 said:
Paul's idea of the schedule is Friday ......ride bikes ......drink beer..........Sat........ride bikes......drink beer.....paddle............drink more beer..............and Sun........ride bikes and then drink beer........
dam that was pretty much my weekend here...to the T...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
fluff said:
Never trust an Englishman called Paul. I know one and he gets me into endless difficult situations.
Really? He never gave me any trouble at all.

That Ringo fvcker on the other hand...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
What!?! Did you guys never hear:
Mull of Kintyre
The Frog Chorus
Pipes of Peace
Ebony and Ivory
The Girl is Mine

I could go on but those crimes against music should have caused McCartney to have been locked up years ago. He's a total wanker.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
mud'n'sweat said:
Nice, Tanasi and the ocoee double header!:drool:

Of RAIN!!!!

The soil make-up down there is pretty sandy so it still rides well in the wet and the trails drain well. But man, it freaking dumped all over the area last night and today.

*oh yeah, why do we have to see some dude's peter?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I rode a tough 12 mile trail this morning... and now I'm chilling out watching music vid's and sipping on a brew while my lawn maintenance crew is cutting my yard.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MizN8's comments on her trip:

Gas and food: $100.00

Room and raft trip on the Ocoee with photos: $150.00

Trails ridden: Oak Mountain - AL, Tanasi Trials - TN and Bull Mountain - GA

Epic trip: PRICELESS!!!!

Attachments

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
What can I say?
The trip was awesome! Trail conditions on Oak Mountain were great and we had beautiful weather for an afternoon ride.
The Tanasi was a little slick on Sat morning but not too bad.....we got rain dumped on Sat night so we got our ride in just in time...........beautiful trail system! Makes me wanna move there!
River fun and biking in the same day! I am still smiling!
It did rain on Bull Mountain and the trail system was pretty wet.....yuck..........oh well..........

3 great trails in 3 days......Epic!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
MizN8 said:
What can I say?
The trip was awesome! Trail conditions on Oak Mountain were great and we had beautiful weather for an afternoon ride.
The Tanasi was a little slick on Sat morning but not too bad.....we got rain dumped on Sat night so we got our ride in just in time...........beautiful trail system! Makes me wanna move there!
River fun and biking in the same day! I am still smiling!
It did rain on Bull Mountain and the trail system was pretty wet.....yuck..........oh well..........

3 great trails in 3 days......Epic!
Hey you do realize that this is all pretty useless without pictures.