Quantcast

my first skatepark adventure

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
So I checked out one of the local parks on bike night last night...I had a blast, even though I suck. I felt like I was the only one there with a drivers license & theese kids were riding circles around me. I will deffinetly be back. :thumb:

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
Did you pull off a flair?
Ha! Every time there's a new kid at the park when I roll out, the first thing they say is "nice bike." That is always followed by "Can you do a *insert impossible trick here*?"

Luckily for me, a couple of pros live/ride here a lot, so they usually end up watching them and forgetting about me. :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Did you pull off a flair?
no, I was working on my no-handed backflip.
;)

I am really just glad I walked away injury free. I still need to figure out what to do once I hit the coping instead of rolling onto the deck. i would either do that or try & grind, only to get my back peg on the coping (the front wheel always ended up on the deck).

But I am a noob so the laughter didnt bother me.
:D

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by RandomV
Ha! Every time there's a new kid at the park when I roll out, the first thing they say is "nice bike." That is always followed by "Can you do a *insert impossible trick here*?"

Luckily for me, a couple of pros live/ride here a lot, so they usually end up watching them and forgetting about me. :D
I get that too. "How can you ride at a skatepark with a cruiser/MTB?" "Can you do a nac-nac?"

"No, but I'll sure as hell jump that gap between those two ramps."

:D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I get that too. "How can you ride at a skatepark with a cruiser/MTB?"
yeah, I dont think the kids last night have ever seen a 24" bike. They were intrigued &/or confused.