Quantcast

my first

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hey, why don't you put the flag up on your VW then take a roll into Newark or Paterson? Or maybe wear on a shirt at hardcore show?

You will learn quickly why it is unacceptable.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Not that I always agree with the mods here and there decisions, But Dude, use your brain.

YOUR AVATAR IS THE SYMBOL OF PREJUDICE AND RACISM FROM HILLBILLY JACKASS"S

You may very well be from the south, and have pride in your heritage, which is cool, but the confederate flag is a symbol of hate, and is found to be very offensive to others. That alone should make you realize that using it to represent yourself puts you into that moronic catagorie.

I do find it offensive, what I get from it is that you are saying, its ok to be mracist, because you were born into to it.

Like I said, I dont agree with the mods everytime, but.....
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198074

Use your brain for once kid

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I really don't know why you all have such a problem with the confederate flag. It does not represent racism or hate, you just interpret it that way.

And when I first saw this thread, I thought PSP was talking about his first sexual encounter, and I wanted to congratulate him. Baaah!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I really don't know why you all have such a problem with the confederate flag. It does not represent racism or hate, you just interpret it that way.
But since it just happens to be associated with people who are hateful racists, that makes it ok because its not a direct symbol?

Saying a confederate flag is OK because its part of your heritage is like saying sporting a toothbrush moustache, putting on beige fatigues and goose stepping around with a swastika flag is OK because its a part of your heritage. :disgust1::plthumbsdown:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
The flag represents what you want it to represent. It means different things to different people. If you are so close minded that you can not see that you are a hypocrite.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All jokes aside, calling us close minded is the pot calling the kettle black. No, it doesn't stand for slavery and oppression. It stands for a feeble attempt at forming a country BASED on slavery and oppression because others wouldn't tolerate it. It wasn't tolerated then, it isn't tolerated now.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The flag represents what you want it to represent. It means different things to different people. If you are so close minded that you can not see that you are a hypocrite.
what does the nazi flag mean to you?

or better yet, using your logic (fwiw): what different things does the nazi flag mean to these different people?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Do you really believe this or are you just regurgitating what someone else told you?

Calling you out for proudly displaying that flag is not closed-minded or hypocritical. In fact, YOU are being closed-minded in ignoring the fact that MILLIONS of people find it offensive, for good reason. It is also hypocritical to say you should be able to display whatever flag you want when the flag you choose represents the southern desire to rip the country apart over the right to deny basic freedoms to a certain class of people who should be treated equally.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but it's a free country in part BECAUSE YOU LOST.