Quantcast

My Imperial

Cuprinol

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Thanks for the possitive comments :) The gold hubs are gonna be used on any other future build as well, the really beef up the bike.

As for the sticker, it feels justified considering I´ve got their stem on there...

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
Nice build. I've been running an SL with a 6" Breakout (awesome with the recent Evolve upgrade) for the past year as a trail bike and love it.

We (Evil owners) need to petition DW to design an Evil FR frame that is FS, The IH's may be nice but there is no subsitute for the real thing. That said, I am 110% happy with the Knolly V-tach for my FS ride so my vote means nothing.

Cuprinol

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
If I could get hold of the SL frame here in Sweden I would buy it, but since I can´t, I´m "stuck" with the tilted seat tube.. Kind of a drag when you like doing trail as well as urban. I´ve been looking at the soverign, and i`m gonna mail the Nordic evil importer to see if they can get hold of it for me.

Thx for all the great input.

The hubs are Hopes BigUn´s

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
since when did manitou make shermans in that camo..... i thought they only came in "urban camo" or black. i want mine like that!:drool::drool::drool:

Millar

Chimp
Jul 27, 2004
Manitou don't make them. My forks were black, I painted them during a quiet day at work. ( I work as a modelmaker, so we have spray guns, paints, etc.)

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
that is sick, i would get some action pics up so these guys can go crazy, i would take that on some huge dj's

Cuprinol

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Thx guys!

Millar; Your ride looks absolutely yummie!
There was an Imperial shortage when I ordered mine, otherwise it to would have been brown.

In a about a week I´m switching my frame for a Sovereign.. stay tuned :P

PowersUSA

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Mass
Cuprinol said:
Thx guys!
In a about a week I´m switching my frame for a Sovereign.. stay tuned :P
I ride a Sovereign (long version) and love it. Mine is setup as a trail bike. I went conservative and got the Silver (matches well with black components). If I were to order mine today I would go for the street sign green with silver decals.

Cuprinol

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
PowersUSA said:
I ride a Sovereign (long version) and love it. Mine is setup as a trail bike. I went conservative and got the Silver (matches well with black components). If I were to order mine today I would go for the street sign green with silver decals.
Sweet bike man!

At first I´m going to use the excact same components I used on my Imperial on the Sovereign... and switch to lighter rims, sadel and probobly a CK steel set.. if I can afford it :/ Problem is that the frame is gonna burn a hole in my wallet, it´s about 1,500 USD here.

Went in to to town today to sell my Imperial and, then put a down payment on the Sovereign. The Nordic importer only got them in silver and the regular version, but that was the one I wanted anyway.
Was kind of set on it being polished steel finish at first though, don´t know if I´m supposed to be dissapointed or glad...
Is it true that the silver paint has a chameleon pearlescent effect?

PowersUSA

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Mass
Cuprinol said:
Sweet bike man!

.... Problem is that the frame is gonna burn a hole in my wallet, it´s about 1,500 USD here.
Ouch... My frame was $802 shipped. Seems to me that if you bought the frame private sale and had it shipped over it would be cheaper, just a guess. But then you would have to wait for it of course.

Cuprinol said:
Is it true that the silver paint has a chameleon pearlescent effect?
The silver paint has metal flakes that are somewhat reflective in the direct sun but I would not call it a pearlescent effect.

Here is a Evil supplied studio quality picture of the silver frame.

Cuprinol

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Gregg said:
Why are you getting rid the imperial?
I´m not really "getting rid of it" as much as replacing it. It´s samantics, but it´s important samantics ;) The Imperial just doesn´t suit my style anymore, I don´t go as big a as I used to. More and more I´ve started to like the more oldschool trailripping and simpler street.. With that comes the urge for the multitasking the sovereign (hopefully) satisfies... i like to descripe the fenomenon I just described "back to original freeride", none of that hard ass "I just double stairs street hardass attitude"

PowersUSA;

Yepp, looked at that photo quite alot. But I read in a thread that the Soverein shifted in colors when being transported to a store and then seen in different light... could just be a crazy prototype that was mentioned though :/

Cuprinol

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
ufdff15 ; Nice pictures! very nice build. I´ve got som pictures coming up later to night, or maybe tomorrow...