Quantcast

My kids are home with colds.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
ummbikes said:
Is there anything remotely interesting on TV during the day? :help:
If I'm lucky enough to be home and not out or at work, I can usually entertain myself watching the sam rerun of Sportscenter two or three times over. There's also usually a rerun of CSI or Law & Order on somewhere at virtually any hour of the day. Good luck to you, daytime tv really is that bad.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Have you been to one of those shows? :think:

-S.S.-
Sheesh. I was hoping for a better response than that :p

No, actually, I watched a Jerry Springer once about a year ago because I had never seen it and was curious as to what all the fuss was about. I think the show was, "My boyfriend cheated on me with my mom" or something.

I got about 10 minutes into the show and decided that if my opinion of humanity got any lower, I was going to become a hermit, so I switched it off. During that ten minutes I think I saw twenty breasts.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I've seen a couple of episodes of springer that were hysterical! Some hick chick came out...jacked UP lookin...no teef...and she was sleeping with her pregnant sisters husband or something, I forget the topic of the show, but it was ridiculous...and everyone was booing her...and she was all SCREW ALL Y'ALL!!!! SCREW ALL Y'ALL!!! and then she flashed her boobs...HAHAHAHA!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Sheesh. I was hoping for a better response than that :p

No, actually, I watched a Jerry Springer once about a year ago because I had never seen it and was curious as to what all the fuss was about. I think the show was, "My boyfriend cheated on me with my mom" or something.

I got about 10 minutes into the show and decided that if my opinion of humanity got any lower, I was going to become a hermit, so I switched it off. During that ten minutes I think I saw twenty breasts.
Wow. Sounds like it has gone downhill. Last time I saw it was about a decade ago. Similar subject, but I don't remember any flashing of boobies.

:think: Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it's gotten better. :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
I've seen a couple of episodes of springer that were hysterical! Some hick chick came out...jacked UP lookin...no teef...and she was sleeping with her pregnant sisters husband or something, I forget the topic of the show, but it was ridiculous...and everyone was booing her...and she was all SCREW ALL Y'ALL!!!! SCREW ALL Y'ALL!!! and then she flashed her boobs...HAHAHAHA!
Why are people entertained by stupidity?

I mean, Strange Brew was sort of "dumb" humor, but at least you could tell there was some effort/thought put into it........... :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Wow. Sounds like it has gone downhill. Last time I saw it was about a decade ago. Similar subject, but I don't remember any flashing of boobies.

:think: Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it's gotten better. :D

-S.S.-
They have "Springer beads" now, and apparently girls go on the show just to get the beads.. So when they go to the audience to ask questions, girls will raise their hands and instead of asking questions, just say, "I'm just here for my Springer beads" or somesuch, and pull their shirt up.

Then, in return degrading themselves in front of millions of horney perverts on the trashiest show imaginable, and letting the entire nation know what their funbags look like, not to mention it being recorded on video so that they can never forget...

...they get a fifteen cent strand of beads... :think:

But hey, whatever makes them happy.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
binary visions said:
dhg, your signature is getting obscenely long...

I know...I feel I need to leave the disclaimer for sheezay...you never know when some, what is it...n00b (?) or even a long time regular might take me seriously...

The stuff about loco-gringo watching crappy movies...a must have...

I'll take out the SkaredShtles comment later this week...him being the uptight prick that he is, I'm sure he'll complain to the mods! :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
What are you talking about? I'm the queen of toilet humor...

Apparently, I'm not the only one who is not above watching a springer episode once in a while...those who live in glass houses..... :nope:
Yes - but see, you're supposed to *learn* from these things........

Apparently some people don't. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dh girlie said:
What was the lesson here...
The lesson was that it's annoying when you click on a post, hit the "End" key to jump to the end of the page, and see an entire page of signature instead of the last post...

;) :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
binary visions said:
dhg, your signature is getting obscenely long...

and who exactly is forcing you to read her sig. there is an option to ignore sigs in your profile. there is also and option to ignore her posts altogether. ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
laura said:
and who exactly is forcing you to read her sig. there is an option to ignore sigs in your profile. there is also and option to ignore her posts altogether. ;)
Yes! And we should ignore everyone's sigs entirely because one person can't figure out how to shorten it!

Let's not modify behaviour, let's inconvenience ourselves instead!

:p