Quantcast

My MOB

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Oh I'm almost positive that the fork will detonate on me at some point soon. It was some special deal that my shop got from Manitou and we decided to jump on it. It was cheap, so it will save me some money for now. I took it jumping today too, and as much as I suck, the bike felt awesome and I can't wait to go jumping again.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
The size is the smaller of the two, 21.5 toptube. How it sits now it ways in at 27.5 lbs, but after today when my Gold Label fork shows up it will be a bit heavier. It is so much fun dirtjumping on the bike, it's so cool having the rear end tucked under you so much.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Nice talking to you yesterday Dave. If the P1 doesn't work out I think I'd be into a MOB frame. They just look simple but nice. You'll have to post some pics of it with the new fork!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
formermtboarder said:
that chain is looooooooooooooose
My thoughts exactly. You'll be crankin' on that one day and it'll come off and you'll eat pavement. I have a 2 scars to prove it.

Edit: Really nice build though.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Here are some pictures of the bike with the new fork and the front brake cable routed through the headtube. Now even though I can't actually do bar spins, I can at least pretend that I am cool :)

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Here is that pic again. The fork is aweseom, super simple. There are no external adjustments besides the rebound and it is rediculously stiff. It doesn't feel like it is getting that much travel though, it is really progressive.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Li'l Dave said:
Here is that pic again. The fork is aweseom, super simple. There are no external adjustments besides the rebound and it is rediculously stiff. It doesn't feel like it is getting that much travel though, it is really progressive.
Looks very sweet, except you've inadvertantly put the wrong size wheels on it... :)

Edit: And you have 10 minutes before those pedals self destruct...

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
wow i used to lie MOB's but now i see so many of them i just cant stand them, i would hate it if someone had the same bike as me, thats y i got a custom one for myself, but ya love the spec hate the frame