Quantcast

My new bike is finally ready to roll.....

May 25, 2006
and it figures on it's maiden voyage the chain would snap 2 blocks from the LBS, but all is well now. Had a blast bombing around town on it, and even the cruise with the kids in the trailer was pretty fun (but boy is it a bitch on any hills. :nopity:

Anyways: Iron Horse Yakuza Bokuta that I bought complete minus wheelset and disc brakes and a few other misc. parts. Total cost was less than $500

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
nice bike! I've got a Chimpira w/ mostly Bakuto/ waka gashira parts. It's super fun. That said I'm ready for some nicer components for sure...

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
it didn't look like it to me, it looked like a bmx fork, and a bmx setup..sorry! and a total of less then 500 bucks in aprts is awesome! good luck with it

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
dude....i have that bike. It's bombproof. I pretty muched hucked it off everything, raced dh on it, was goign to take it to whistler (but a buddy let me borrow his demo 9pro :oink: . Have fun with that but look into a different fork (66), the bike is much better with 6inches of travel (I was running a 04 drop off triple). The only reason that this bike and I had to part was for parts for the new bike. Keeping it around and re-doing the inners on the splice to make it a dj rig.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
Very nice build but I'm gonna pile on and agree - look into another fork (you'll probably decide that on your own after a few incidents).

I'm running a 130mm splice elite on my Reign (came on it stock)...other than a reasonable amount of travel, it's crap. Less than a year of riding and it's got some play, and it has the rebound of a pogo stick....nosing a little off a good size hit is pretty much the scariest thing you can do on my bike.

I'm looking into something new for next season, 150mm to match the rear susp travel...manitou travis, fox talus, marzocci bomber are among the forks I'm considering.

Otherwise, great looking bike, looks bulletproof!

May 25, 2006
Well, we'll see. My first trail excursion is going to be in Downieville, Ca next weekend, so I'll have to get a feel for it and see where the weaknesses lie.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
First of all, wonderful looking bike. I hope that you have a lot of fun on it. Now second of all I'm going to have to address this:

habitatxskate said:
it didn't look like it to me, it looked like a bmx fork, and a bmx setup.

Ok, I don't mean to be a asshat here but since when did they start putting suspesion forks and 26" wheels on bmx bikes. I figure that you would know the difference between a mtn bike and a bmx bike seeing as how this is a biking forum and you do post an awful lot.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
undertheradar said:
Yeah, I've heard the same, but I'll be riding it till it breaks. :)
Grab a new one now, and just sit on it. That way when the splice poops the bed you won't have any down time.

One of my friends is sitting out right now utill he's got the money for a new fork because his splice broke on the 4th ride. Sadly it broke putting the front down from a wheelie...

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
CKxx said:
Grab a new one now, and just sit on it. That way when the splice poops the bed you won't have any down time.

One of my friends is sitting out right now utill he's got the money for a new fork because his splice broke on the 4th ride. Sadly it broke putting the front down from a wheelie...
I actually replaced my Splice last week with a Marcocchi Dropoff III. The bike, and my riding, both improved 100% as a result.

Pics to come, waiting on an 8" rotor and adapter for the front.