Quantcast

My New Bike Rack (Pictures)

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Hey everyone, long time no post. I really miss everyone but I have been swamped with work and life. But check out my new toy....

This thing rocks.

2002 Loaded Land Rover Discovery.

Working on the roof rack / bigger tires.....

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Have fun with the rover. I got a 2002 Disco2 in march, its a great truck i love mine. Roof rack might not be the best idea, mine had one on it when i bought it, and i took it off and could feel the COG drop, its too much weight on top. Watch out, they guzzle gas like pickups :dead: but overall are great vehicles. I too am eventually going to get a 2" lift, MT tires, and ARBs. Just so you know, with front wheels off, and rear seats folded, ive fit 8 DH bikes in the back of mine, and with the seats up you can fit about 4

gierhed

Chimp
Jun 8, 2004
Summerville, SC
Just got my new one Friday, Garaged kept Loaded 99 Yukon. Now I don't have to take the fiance's Expedition on the road trips, Yeah. Have fun with your Disco.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I always wanted one of those, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews from people I know about durability, and especially the electrical system.

What do you think?

(I am trying to justify buying one if possible)

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Jesus said:
I always wanted one of those, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews from people I know about durability, and especially the electrical system.

What do you think?

i have beat the piss out of mine since i got it, and havnt had one issue yet. I have a friend who has had an 01 since 01, and he has had excelent durability with his. all pre 99 Discos (Discovery 1s) were a ses-pool of electrical problems and bad reliability, and the 99 (first year Disco 2s) had some issues too, but all of the years after 99 are well built vehicles. If you can, get an 03 and you get the cool new headlights, and a bit more power.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Do people buy vehicles that get better than 15mpg at all? :confused:

-S.S.-
Haha...in town - no; on the highway-no....does it bothe rme? -no. 98 Cherokee with Accurate Power 4.6" stroker/turbo combo

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
My mom has a '00 Disco (the good one, with the german electronics & wiring harness), and it has been a reliability nightmare. The truck is cherry, perfectly maintained, and still something goes wrong every couple thousand miles. If it weren't for the extended warranty, she'd be out thousands of dollars. Awesome truck until it breaks down, steer clear!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
So far mine has been running like a champ, from everything i have read 2000 & up are really good Cars. I guess I'll know in a few years. I have a bumper to bumper till 75,000 so I feel pretty safe. Only bad thing is the nearest rover dealer is 1.5 hrs away.

I want to add the roof rack so i can haul 4 bikes without petting anything on the inside. 2 bikes on top and 2 bike on the tire rack. for day to day riding i'm just going to use the tire rack.

Do you still have the old roof rack? If so I may be interested in buying it.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
SkaredShtles said:
Do people buy vehicles that get better than 15mpg at all? :confused:

-S.S.-
I'm gonna look at the hybrid Highlander when it comes out. It's a mommy mini-ute but if it gets good milage at 270hp... The two electric motors are supposed to have awsome torque. If they decide to put the HSD in the Tacoma, though, that'll be cool and maybe i'll look at that too in a couple years. :thumb:

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I was looking into buying one a few years back, but I heard so many reviews from actual owners that said I was a fool to buy one without an extended warranty. My neighbor has a defender 90 and that thing is awesome when it's running. He's had quite a few issues with it as well.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
konabumm said:
So far mine has been running like a champ, from everything i have read 2000 & up are really good Cars. I guess I'll know in a few years. I have a bumper to bumper till 75,000 so I feel pretty safe. Only bad thing is the nearest rover dealer is 1.5 hrs away.

I want to add the roof rack so i can haul 4 bikes without petting anything on the inside. 2 bikes on top and 2 bike on the tire rack. for day to day riding i'm just going to use the tire rack.

Do you still have the old roof rack? If so I may be interested in buying it.
i didnt have a roof bike rack, i had that giant safari rack, and i sold it

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I drive a 2001 4x4 Toyota Tacoma Like this one Except it is the Limited Edition. It gets 18mpg on the hwy, At lower altitudes it does better
than that. But up here in Denver, It really sucks on power.
I have the Sport works Rack on the back...It holds 2 Bikes by the wheels...So I can throw all the gear under the Fiberglass Tonneau Bed Cover. Keeps everything dry and you still have plenty of room for people in the truck.

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Jesus said:

What do you think?

Wait and get the LR3...

my mom's best friend's husband (whew!) is on the list