Quantcast

My new bikeS!!

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
About a month ago, I bought a fit complete from a friend of mine for $100, virtually new. I never got around to posting pictures of it. It may not have 3 peice cranks or a chrome wheel, but its really light and manuverable!

And today, I bought a dirt jumper! Its a 2003 Jamis Eureka. I got it for $300, ridden once. :thumbsup: While it may not have the best parts, it has truvative hussefelt cranks and stem, and a DJ 2!! I took the big ring off and put on the bashgaurd. That, the pedals (primo tenderizers), and the grips are the only things not stock.

Fit:

Jamis:

All my bikes:

The bighit:

-Nice, eh? :cool:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
SBDownhillRacer said:
is that the new revox shock on the big hit? Nice stable of bikes too.

Nope, its just a normal swinger. I would like a revox though! And yes, the fork is quite tall! :nopity: I might get a flat bar or low rise bar for it!

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Kanter said:
The 06 66 is a lot shorter. Sweet BH

That is true, but I dont have the money to buy an 06'. I could get the handlebars pretty low if I got a low rise bar and flipped the stem upside down.

oats

Chimp
Feb 14, 2005
Oregon
carefull with that jamis. a buddy rode one for a few months and we noticed a crack in the head tube. not at a weld junction but in the side of the tube.
nathan

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
stock fit? i custom built mine, they are strong, and decently light, i love mine..i'm loving the big hit

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
not to be mean but i have also seen those jamis's break quite a few times. it seems to be hit more miss though because i have also seen some beat for a long time with no problems.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I might just have to do that...

Here is my old haro... it was a fun bike! Sadly, I put more money that was worth into the bike and didnt get much back for it. :ouch:

oats

Chimp
Feb 14, 2005
Oregon
Transcend said:
Right, because other bikes won't ever break!
I don't believe that is what I said. If I had seen a Bighit headtube crack, I would have said something. The Jamis had a few months of fairly light riding before it had cracked, I was just warning him about this problem we had.
Nathan