Quantcast

my new bottlerocket

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
I had a great extended weekend this past week(wedsday to wedsday) and it was great got my first day of snowboarding in and then came home tuesday to my new(to me bottlerocket frame heres my build so far

06 med bottlerocket
dhx 5.0 air
truvativ husslefelt cranks
mavic 321 /shimano xt solid 10mm axle rear wheel
avid j 5 brake
odyssey twisted pc limited editions
pike 426

and i have now ran outta money
im thinking that im going to run it ss and just need a chainring,front wheel(wheel is a regular qr wheel sitting on the maxles qr just to get the pic), and a chaintensioner for the rear

any setup tips on the rear shock?

Flyingfish

Chimp
Nov 4, 2008
Toledo, OH
in the piggyback run your rider weight in full gear plus 5 lbs
start with propedal very low or off
rebound set fairly fast.
i run a coil so i dunno about the air spring setting. I guess pump it up pretty high if you gonna jump/huck it.

make small adjustments one at a time so if you dont like it you can go back to your previous setting. Its all about trial and error really.

sick bike

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
Rolholff makes a very good chain tensioner, Remember to take the shock out and compress the suspension all the way, and get your chain as tight as possible and cut it.

Dont ever ever ever go with cheap tensioners, dont mather what brand they will make your chain skip like this one:

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
welcome to the bottlerocket family. i'm still lovin mine!

amen on cheap chain tensioners - i saved a few bucks and now my chain skips horribly. time for a new one.

dhracer309

Chimp
Oct 1, 2008
The dirty 330
thats wat i thought but i am afraid to get the blindside cause it seems like to much travel from jumping and i dont really like the dirtbag suspension setup cause it is the same as my kona stab and im not a fan of it

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
how does the br perform on the dh stuff cause i am thinking about getting one but afraid there isnt enough travel from me
i was afraid of that too...until i took it to snowshoe. i was surprised at how well it handled upper/lower hairball in those nasty rock gardens. the only place where i felt my old demo 8 would have been faster is on the fast chatter bumps. so yes, it can handle DH but if you're looking for a bike that'll put you on the expert and up DH podium then look to the blindside or elsewhere.