Quantcast

my new dj/park/4x build!!

Mikey_C

Chimp
Jul 19, 2007
So I wanted to build up a new DJ bike on a budget. Using funds from my bottlerocket after lift service season is over. Well the br is still in the apt and the new DJ parts are coming in!! As I started putting things together the DJ quickly went form used parts and made in asia frame has turned into:

Frame: nemesis project secret agent minty green
fork: nem tuned- 08 DJ1
stem:nem pro black
bars: nem pro bars(yeah i like what Brad is doing over there)
seatpost:thompson
saddle: wtb rocket v stealth
headset: hope-red
clamp: hope-red
der: shimano xt shadow(772)
shifter: shimano xtr (990)
crank/bb:Truvativ Holzfeller-OCT 2.2 Crankset 170mm
brake: avid juicy ultimates 160mm
chain: shimano xtr (7701)
cassette: shimano ultegra(sram one pictured is for another bike)
tires: halo twin rail
grips: oury(or shadows havnte decided yet)
pedals: fly rubens-white
wheels: currently outlaws cuz i havnt decided what i want to do yet.
bar plugs-primo

I'm impatiently waiting on my frame and fork so in the mean time ill kill time posting
I will be sure to post of build pics when my frame shows up along with weights along the way. Should be a pretty light build, even with those wheels!

Inital thought on stuff so far, Im giving the halos a shot cuz they are pretty light but the thin sideways is a bit of a concern so car. And the brake lever may just end up on another bike, i really justt got the brake cuz i wanted all black and thought they were freakin hotness, After I dump the bike a few times i may want a better lever option. Its also my first time running shimano in a long while, I have been a bit disappointed with sram's progression and failure to make improvements(mainly poor der. pivot and hangers junction)

first parts to show up:

sorry for the crappy pics snapped em quick before the woman gets home and finds out there is another bike on its way!

Monkey
when I hear the phrase "budget DJ", I certainly wasn't expecting a multi-greared XT/XTR drive train and Nemed 08 DJ1.

Seems like "budget" means something different in your parts of the world. My budget DJ is a single speed, V brakes and an old DJII.

but sounds like a kick-as$ bike waiting to happen.

Mikey_C

Chimp
Jul 19, 2007
when I hear the phrase "budget DJ", I certainly wasn't expecting a multi-greared XT/XTR drive train and Nemed 08 DJ1.

Seems like "budget" means something different in your parts of the world. My budget DJ is a single speed, V brakes and an old DJII.

but sounds like a kick-as$ bike waiting to happen.
yeah like i said...it started out as budget and too much time on the internet at work and things just get out of control.

now all i need is my nem pro stuff