Quantcast

My new hardtail....by jdcamb

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My new hardtail. It is sweet. I built it up today. I just finsihed test riding it during a thunderstorm. I had fun. Instigator gave me his old frame. I felt I had to represent and build up something good. I am pleased. I hope he will too. Thanks brother.....jdcamb

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Nice car.. er, bike! I like building up bikes, they just keep on looking better and better as you build until they are done. My hardtail though is a different story. Its a complete bike right now, just I'm swapping parts out for better stuff, new brakes this weekend (upgrade from Hayes mech. to Magura hydro).

Looks like a bike ready for the trails. :monkey:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Originally posted by xbluethunderx
what kind of wheels does it have?
Deore disc hubs to Wheelsmith straight gauge 14 spokes to brass nips to Sun Rhino light rims. Nothiing special. They are machine built but I backed off the tension, lubed them up, and retensioned them. Good to go....jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice Nice Nice Jim!

Those Eureka frames are sweet!

I almost bought a Eureka back when I bought my Marin - probably should have, but the LBS sales guy I dealt with was a major jerk so I walked away.

I'd like a fork like that to put back on my Marin - I rode it rigid last night road riding and off curbs and some easy urban stuff and my wrists and back are sore this a.m.:(

Maybe Instigator has an old fork he's not using. ;) :D :devil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Score on the freeB

i've been saving up parts for a hardtail too.:) i'm gonna get a Chameleon cuz i have a 130mm zokes air fork i want to use for it....

but i really dig the green look, and i like the name! Eureka!! pretty fitting in your situation.:)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Good work Jim!

And again, Ralph is awsome!

Get that thing SSed before MonkeyFest!

:monkey: