Quantcast

My New IronHorse Sunday, Many PICS, Thanks for the Help

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Well I decided that I would only be able to afford one bike next year so I sold both my bikes (BigHit and P2) and began to search for a DH bike. I lucked out and found a really good deal on this new 05 Team. Luckily thanks to the money from selling my bikes and from working over the summer I was able to buy it. Don't need anybody saying I am spoiled cause I worked really hard to buy this bike. Anyhoo I absolutely love the bike and it was a dream when i got it. Still in shock a little:love: put it together last night and did some minor setup today. All thats left is to send the shock in for the revavle and change the oil/springs in the boxxer. Since it is winter i did not think anyone would mind a bunch of pic but i got a little trigger happy:p The bike and the color looks ten times better in person than in any pics I have seen. The component group is awesome as well. I will weigh it in a while if anyone is interested. Anyhoo tell me what ya think.

Thanks

Also I wanted to thank everyone here who helped me with my bike decision and technical questions especially Acadian and SkaTodd for putting up with my countless pms and emails.
Thanks Again :thumb:

Edit see the Changleen's post since he helped me out
Thanks again

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Can you edit that to sort of the tags, please?

You need [img] then the URL with no spaces, then .

Cheers!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Changleen said:
Can you edit that to sort of the tags, please?

You need [img] then the URL with no spaces, then .

Cheers!

yea I am trying, not to good at this though

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Looks good man,

I am in the process of building one at the moment, I take it yours is a 19"? They definetly look nice built up, big frames usually don't look as nice when built, but damn the Sunday is hot.

Dan

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Ohh,

And let me know how those pedals work out. They look interesting, I can't figure out which pedals I am going to get.

Dan

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
rockymt21 said:
Looks good man,

I am in the process of building one at the moment, I take it yours is a 19"? They definetly look nice built up, big frames usually don't look as nice when built, but damn the Sunday is hot.

Dan

Yep 19, I like longer bikes coming from a Moto background, it looks amazing in person. Saw your frame, going to look sick
such awesome bikes:cool:

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
rockymt21 said:
Ohh,

And let me know how those pedals work out. They look interesting, I can't figure out which pedals I am going to get.

Dan

the pedals are pretty sweet, almost a pattern similar to the eastons
they are pretty light with long pins, i will be using them with five tens so they should be great. I chose these over the syncros pedals i have in my toolbox

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Congrats on the new ride - very nice!!! Bikes are so damn purdy when new! :)

give us feedback once you get some good riding time on her. I'm sure you will not be disappointed!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Acadian said:
Congrats on the new ride - very nice!!! Bikes are so damn purdy when new! :)

give us feedback once you get some good riding time on her. I'm sure you will not be disappointed!

I will for sure,
Thanks

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
you better race jrx. or we may just have to label you as a SANDBAGGER. haha just kidding man, glad you finally got a new rig, cant wait to ride with ya again come springtime...we can make fun of will and shred the gnar!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
gangstamaxx said:
you better race jrx. or we may just have to label you as a SANDBAGGER. haha just kidding man, glad you finally got a new rig, cant wait to ride with ya again come springtime...we can make fun of will and shred the gnar!

definitly looking forward to it

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
rockymt21 said:
Ohh,

Dan
Dan with the low BB I can only recommend a sturdy pedal. I have been on NYC Freeride all year with no problems at all and they are good for another season.

MOTODH congratulation with the new bike - the Sunday rocks.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
CBJ said:
Dan with the low BB I can only recommend a sturdy pedal. I have been on NYC Freeride all year with no problems at all and they are good for another season.

Changleen congratulation with the new bike - the Sunday rocks.

the funns are pretty sturdy, and the bike is mine, changleen just posted the pics

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
Really nice bike, looks like it will be a blast to ride.

One thing I am curious about tho is why the weld around the seattube/toptube junction is not complete around the seattube? Guess it's just a gusset, just looks off. Maybe the pic?

pce,

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
FastTimes said:
Really nice bike, looks like it will be a blast to ride.

One thing I am curious about tho is why the weld around the seattube/toptube junction is not complete around the seattube? Guess it's just a gusset, just looks off. Maybe the pic?

pce,

nope not the pic, good eyes, the piece is only welded at the corners, pretty sure it is just a support.

Prechrysler

Chimp
Aug 6, 2004
Nice! Once you get the shock back from Progressive you'll be amazed at the difference. The Sunday is sickness.

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
Congrats!

Great bike
I just did a upgrade in my bike and i recomend!

The bike is great . I had some problems with my rear shock but now is ok ( i guess)

I bought the bike in US and now i am living in Brazil. No replacements parts here.

Now i can´t find bearings for the rear hub. I can´t find the size here.

But still a excellent bike!

Have Fun!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Prechrysler said:
Nice! Once you get the shock back from Progressive you'll be amazed at the difference. The Sunday is sickness.

yea I am just figuring out the process of sending it, looking forward to the results

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
in the trees said:
Nice bike - I LOVE the Sunday in that color.

toby

at first i thought it was king of boring but it looks amazing in person:love:

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
danielbender said:
Congrats!

Great bike
I just did a upgrade in my bike and i recomend!
[

The bike is great . I had some problems with my rear shock but now is ok ( i guess)

I bought the bike in US and now i am living in Brazil. No replacements parts here.

Now i can´t find bearings for the rear hub. I can´t find the size here.

But still a excellent bike!

Have Fun!

nice bike, I am going to stick with the boxxer though. i will be messing around with some different setups as the fork has potential it just takes some work.

again sweet bike:thumb:

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Ginger Ninja said:
Nice work. I picked up my '06 Sunday Elite a few weeks back and I still can't wipe the grin off my face.

thats awesome i love the elite model, wish i could have afforded it, comes with an awesome build, anyhoo got pics?

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Sister MotoDh...

I need to tell you that is really touch by your first posting,
very honest and human and show how much love you have for bicycling...

thanks for remind of the person I was ones.

good luck with you awesome new bike and you riding.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
patineto said:
Sister MotoDh...

I need to tell you that is really touch by your first posting,
very honest and human and show how much love you have for bicycling...

thanks for remind of the person I was ones.

good luck with you awesome new bike and you riding.

Glad you liked it
thanks

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
That is great man, have fun!

Take the time and have your shock tuned for your riding stye and weight, get your fork springs and oil levels dialed in for your weight too. What height and weight are you?

Have a blast with it!

Dave

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
dw said:
That is great man, have fun!

Take the time and have your shock tuned for your riding stye and weight, get your fork springs and oil levels dialed in for your weight too. What height and weight are you?

Have a blast with it!

Dave
I am 5 11 and weigh 160, the 275 spring feels pretty good but I will wait and see after the tune. As for the fork I think i may get softer springs and I got measurments for the oil levels from Acadian.
Looking forward to riding it.

Thanks for making an awesome bike:thumb:

Also when i send the shock to progressive do I include riding style and weight? not to sure on the whole process
thanks

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
At 160 you are going to at least want one soft spring, the two stock mediums will be to much at your weight. I weigh 160 and I am using one soft and one medium. I also have an extra soft that I going to try as I am just barely getting enough sag with a soft and medium.

Nice bike BTW. I am still partial to the Jazz blue though.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Salami said:
At 160 you are going to at least want one soft spring, the two stock mediums will be to much at your weight. I weigh 160 and I am using one soft and one medium. I also have an extra soft that I going to try as I am just barely getting enough sag with a soft and medium.

Nice bike BTW. I am still partial to the Jazz blue though.

cool thanks, I think i am going to go with two soft springs

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
MOTODH said:
cool thanks, I think i am going to go with two soft springs

A bit of spam here. If you are going this route you can use one extra soft and one medium stock spring. As so happens I have a new extra soft Ti spring I would like to get rid of, probably for less than you can get two steel springs. It will save you a couple of ounces also. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Salami said:
A bit of spam here. If you are going this route you can use one extra soft and one medium stock spring. As so happens I have a new extra soft Ti spring I would like to get rid of, probably for less than you can get two steel springs. It will save you a couple of ounces also. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

pm sent