Quantcast

my new mini downhill bike

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i snagged a brand new '07 bottlerocket frame today....heading down to the garage to build it up after i finish "thanking" my wife for understanding....so....in about 5 minutes or so ;)
pics (of the bike) to accompany soon ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
did you end up going with a Medium? and I'm guessin you got a rear shock of some sort...
actually went w/ a small. i'm about 5'9.5-ish and their site says the small is up to 5'10"...well, that, and the small is what i got the killer deal on. i snagged a Romic that was hanging around the shop as a spare for dirt cheap and it'll do for now. it's 2am and i just finished building her up and got everything but the chain on. am having some issues w/ the chainguide and i'm too tired to deal w/ it right now. besides, i need to pick up a new chain/cogs anyway.

but from my steep driveway roll-in ride it was nice. not too short. my only problem is that my 66 was already cut really short (the reason i got it for dirt cheap) and it barely fit the demo but with the monster cane creek Xc reducer headset i got it took out those few mm of length that i needed to "safely" install the fork. it's kinda sketch right now because the steer tube comes up just a little past the middle mark of the two tightening screws on the stem (already the shortest stack stem i could find). i use a homemade headlock deal instead of a standard starnut which gives me more security but i think i'll be looking for a solution to that problem pretty quick.
any suggestions? will marz press a new steertube in a '05 66?

anyway, i may call in sick to work tomorrow and finish her up ;) will post pics then. btw, it's the raw aluminum and it came w/ a sticker kit but i'm debating on whether or not to put them on...it looks so sexy naked.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
muhuhahahahahaha!

this thing feels so tiny compared to the demo. feels like i'm riding it, not the other way around that i'm used to. i can't wait 'til my shoulder is better so i can really try it out.