Quantcast

my new molly

pwolfe

Chimp
Aug 22, 2008
Just wanted to post some pics of my new bike. I really only ride street with this as I have no idea where and dirt jumps are in my area, and the local skate park does not allow bikes.
Specs available upon request, weight is just shy of 26 lbs, but my lbs claims their scale is a little off.

Special thanks to Lee at Union Street for hooking me with possible the last u-brake equipped Molly; and to the folks at deity for the great service!

pwolfe

Chimp
Aug 22, 2008
Lower your seat comments coming in 3, 2, 1...

Yeah I'm already wearing my flame suit. Thing with the seat is, I have freakishly long legs and do have to commute to certain ride spots. I also am no badass on this thing, There are no tricks that I can do that rely on a low seat post. For me, the height is right where it needs to be to be out of the way hopping stairs and gaps and working on 180s.

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
is that a velvet fork? how does it ride

Also how do you like those medial cranks...been seeing them around alot lately just wondering if their up to all the hype

Last edited:

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
nice bike looks clean

i have the same cranks mounted on my molly and so far there so good although i smoked the first version of this crank. this is the second generation which are a little beefier but i like em

pwolfe

Chimp
Aug 22, 2008
It is a velvet fork, and it seems to suit me well and feels really solid. I suspect that it is not pumped up for my weight and my lbs seemed to not want to work on it. For the time being its working out great, but if I start riding anything bigger than I am now, I'll probably have it serviced.

The cranks are working out great too, there is a lot of demolition hardware as well and so far everything feels like quality stuff. These aren't the titanium version btw.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Very nice. I am having very good luck with the demolition hubs I am running.

What width are those tires? How do they ride?

pwolfe

Chimp
Aug 22, 2008
tires are 1.85 wide. I am far from a skilled rider and really just ride kind of urban freeride. I hop things, I try to learn my manuals, and for that the tires are great, super fast and really grippy. But as soon as I decide to do a large gap or anything over 4 stair drops, there is a horrific noise from the wheels when I land. I will most definately be moving to a wider thicker tire when these wear down. In the meantime, they are well suited for me learning the ropes on this bike.

pwolfe

Chimp
Aug 22, 2008
I'm jealous..

Tilting the seat back might make it a bit more comfy..I've seen people use quicK releases for pedaliing efficiency.
I promise to love it and cherish it!

I actually have this seat adjust as far back as it can go. I think I need longer bolts in order to be able to adjust it any more. As it currently sits, there are next to no threads on the front bolt (would need a few more mm of thread to angle the seat up a bit).

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
yes - on Thomson posts, you need to run the top piece backwards (so the FRONT is on the back) if you are running your saddle pointed up or if you have a really slack seat tube angle.

A 1.85 tire on a 24" probably has the same contact patch as a 2.1 20" tire. *shrug*

pwolfe

Chimp
Aug 22, 2008
28-11, demolition hub and rennen chainring. I think I may crank that up to 30t though, I want more top end speed. I don't do a lot of tricks, just gaps and stairs and such; so I wanna go as fast as possible.

I swapped the seat around, but I can't say I like how it feels, I have to have the seat post up a lot higher to make it feel comfortable and have hit my self in the ass with the seat a few times hopping over stuff. Likely gonna swap it back to how it is pictured in this thread and keep my flame suit on whenever I post pics =). I mean all that matters is that it feels good to me right?