Quantcast

My new Morewood...

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
It's not finished, only a test build to see the geometry. Missing parts are the Gustav M for the rear wheel, the front spacer between frame and stem and the whole SRAM x9 group. Front tire will be also a 2.35" Kenda Nevegal. What do you think of my build?

Attachments

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Looks like a solid build but its a little too slack looking for my tastes. I live the build, but I'd have spent a little extra cash and gotten an 06 or 07 66, they're a little shorter.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
id change the fork if you can to lower the front end a bit although an e13 zero stack headset arangement would be a cheaper alternative. Other than that its sweet

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Your front tire is too small & 6" rear rotor too IMO ! Although SLACK IS GOOD my V10 i used to have was almost TOO slack when you sat on that thing,it had a 2005 66RC(taller than the 06 66RC)..
I love your Morewood bike & would be my very first choice if i had the $$..I need to hook up with one somehow & take that baby on a roadtrip to Whistler.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Yeah, that was a ghetto tensioner(upper roller only crap) that day for sure, i had just built it up & wanted to ride. It was horrible at Windrock riding with profro from the top trail because my chain kept coming off. So i took it off & threw it in my camelpack . Actually i didn't need to pedal the rest of the way down from the top anyways.
Hey, that V10 pedeled like a friggin hardtail, & did trail ride it a few times but the HA was too slack for that by far.

Anyways i SOLD it & it was fun for a while.....
I had to run a 66RC because the frame was too small.My knees hit the DC fork real bad. I'm Steve Peats size..

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
@ATOMICFIREBALL:

my front tire is a standard 26" mavic ex 721 on a specialized stout hub, why should this be too small?

and u can test it, hit the next plane to stuttgart, germany ;)

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i should have gotten a shova lt instead of my yeti...they look better imo, but i havn't ridden one, and i still love my yeti. change out the fork and the bike will be fine, the 05 66 is soooooo damn tall. something like a 66 SL from 06 would be great, but if you can get one of the new rockshox domain or totem forks, jump on that.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Very nice. I raced the Shova (shorter travel, not LT) on sport DH courses the year before last and loved it! They're just good bikes. Enjoy!

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
what's the point of this bike? single crown fork, no chain tensioner.

V10 trail bike?

seems pretty comical to me. wouldn't a VP-Free or Nomad be better if you're into SCB rigs and you want no chain tensioner and a single crown fork?
Hey man if you're into the Morewoods, I know where there is a practically brand new White Shova LT for sale hit me back with a pm if so.