Quantcast

My new Peyto

Pat

Chimp
Mar 2, 2002
I finally got my Peyto frame all built up and thought I'd post a few pics on here. I'm pumped on how it turned it, its extremely "flickable" and makes 180's and 360's much easier. The specs are as follows:
Fork: DMR Trailblade
Brake: XTR with Salsa booster
Lever: XTR
Cranks: Odyssey 41 thermal w/ euro BB
Pedals: Odyssey Jim C's, alu sealed
Rims: 24" 36 hole Rhyno Lite XL's
Hubs: Shimano DX rear, Seshin w/ 3/8" front
Tires: Tioga Comp III 24" x 2.125"
Bar: Bontrager Crowbar XXX DH cut to 26"
Sprocket: 30t Animal Lite
Seatpost/Seat: Titec XC cut down, with a Selle Italia XO
Others: Primo Wall grips, KMC 410 chain, XTR housing/cable, FSA Orbit headset. And it comes in at 26.5 lbs
It seems I can't attach the pics because the file size is too big, so here is a link to a thread over on Hcor with a few pics (the pics of it built up are near the bottom of the page)
http://hcor.net/postt17220.html&sid=f13db61f0e80c4245d9f1cd343371340

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Some people can't appreciate the sublties of handcrafts bikes made from high end steel. The specs are all personal preference.
The bike is beautiful. I like that you sprung for the Versus HT instead of the regular 4130. That stuff rocks. You really can't appreciate how much work is involved until you have tried to cut one of those tubes. It makes 4130 look like butter.

Good timing too, after I recommend Peyto on another thread yesterday.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Really nice super-expensive-bmx-cruiser-with-a-rear-brake-that-actually-works! ;) Honestly I personally would rather ride my cruiser, for fear of wrecking a bike that expensive doing the things you do on bmx/street bikes. That, and I like pegs. I'm not good enough for pedal and sprocket grinding. Very nice looking ride though, indeed.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
that's some nice ****.

a peyto stock trials bike AKA the Morley bike goes for around 1k canadian, you get custom geometry and choice of tube types.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by Acadian
how expensive are they Tony?
No clue. I just meant that a fully upgraded bmx cruiser (aka my bike) can be had for less than a mtb hardtail frame only. Then add the price of components to that and it can be 3-5 times as expensive easily.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I've been looking for that DK frame forever! How much did that DK cost? I've been looking a different frames for like 5 months now. Your Peyto is f'in sweet! Gold hubs...mmm :cool:

Pat

Chimp
Mar 2, 2002
I do see your point of veiw that you'd rather ride a cruiser, but I just couldn't find anything that I felt comfortable on, not to mention the fact that it was less then 2000$ CAN in total, which is no more then any of the high end bmx's around here.