Quantcast

My New Pimptastic Whip

Apr 1, 2002
NY
the fork is taged a flow but when i called for springs today we figured out that its actually a Stance Blunt. 7 in travel and 1.5 steer. i am a sport level rider, this fork is plenty for me. but yes a zocchi 66 or fox 36....i would wet my self all over again :blah:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
biker3 said:
You mean 36. A 66 would totally wreck that bike along with the Geometry. If anything a breakout plus would be sickness but the stance is still tight on there.
actually on the 150 mm setting it wouldnt be but a few cms different from the fork on there now. plus the fox is a rape job in the price catigory

Apr 1, 2002
NY
dirtjumpP.1 said:
actually on the 150 mm setting it wouldnt be but a few cms different from the fork on there now. plus the fox is a rape job in the price catigory
FYI - no travel adjustment on my fork. the stance blunt aka flow on oem.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hey, isn't that a ripoff of Kona?

...;) kidding, that thing looks, to quote Family Guy, freakin' sweet!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
eastcoastzigzag said:
-----they are a 1000 times better in person
I'm basing my opinion on a parking lot spin and a testride a friend of mine got during interbike.

One was getting built up at me LBS and as soon as the zip ties were on the hoses, I litterally grabbed it out of the stand and went and pedaled up and down some stairs.

The only trek I've ever respected......*sniff*

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
eastcoastzigzag said:
-----they are a 1000 times better in person
Yes, last summer in Whistler three guys got onto the chairlift with me, each one had what looked like a custom painted one of them... wonder who they were and what they were doing with those bikes before they came out to the public... :cool: It was pretty cool.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Nice ride ECZZ! Hope to see it in action this summer!

P.S. - The Giant DH is still rockin', thanks again for the hook-up!! :)

Apr 1, 2002
NY
McGRP01 said:
Nice ride ECZZ! Hope to see it in action this summer!

P.S. - The Giant DH is still rockin', thanks again for the hook-up!! :)

-------dude make sure u say hi, im sure ill recognize you if u have the giant.

--------thanks guys, ill def give a lil type up after i get it in the woods. still mad busy w/ school for 2 weeks and then marshalling duties at the us open, so it wont b too soon. im def bringing it to the open, ride her down after the day is done.

Apr 1, 2002
NY
dwaugh said:
Yes, last summer in Whistler three guys got onto the chairlift with me, each one had what looked like a custom painted one of them... wonder who they were and what they were doing with those bikes before they came out to the public... :cool: It was pretty cool.
----shandro had his hands in designing it. hmmmmmmm :sneaky:

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
I rode the 1st and 2nd prototypes of the bike mid last summer. The engineers at trek, along with the rest of the guys who work with them in wisconsin drove down to our local freeride park to ride. Both sessions I rode felt great, and were nice riding bikes. These were before all of the fancy tubing and forgings too. Round tubes, and fully machined parts, they were cool. These guys are coming down to ride on saturday again.