Quantcast

my new ride

D-train

Chimp
Jul 25, 2004

went for a little ride today and it rides so nice, the frame is super nice and the pike is amazing.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
girlwhoboards said:
so i've been seeing a few more of these around...do you monkeys think that this sort of bike will become the norm over bmx and what are the advantages if so? i'd hate to see ridgeds die out completely though :(.
Yes, at least for us mountain bikers. I like that fact you get 26in wheels so its not as cramped as 20's, suspention is always nice as well though. You could also dial up the travel on the Pike and go for a trail ride on it.

Nice bike. :thumb:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I would personally either stick with dual 26's or 24's. I don't really like how a 26/24 bike rides. Front suspention on any set up is nice. I like having a bit of cushion for those not so smooth landings. Its also nice to have for urban.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Having ridden 20 street for awhile I can say that I wouldn't go back to it after riding street on 26" wheels with an 80mm fork. In terms of rough landings/takeoffs it is much more suitable... Maybe riding in a cement park on a 20" is more fun, but the rough area's around most industrial towns is way nicer on a 26" bike with a fork. I give the 20" street crowd around now the award for the best skill hands down on all things two wheels though..

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
girlwhoboards said:
so i've been seeing a few more of these around...do you monkeys think that this sort of bike will become the norm over bmx and what are the advantages if so? i'd hate to see ridgeds die out completely though :(.

I think it will.

having seen bmx stunting grow for 25 plus odd years, I think larger bikes will come to the for-front soon. they are 'new' and once people really learn to ride them, they can be ridden in more areas then smaller tired bmx bikes.
and just like MX, they can go bigger. which makes it a better spectator sport.

I like riding smaller bikes better, however....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea these bikes are nice. You can ride em at the park, at the trails, and then tomorrow take em down the mountain. And they have gears and suspension. BMX though creates a smoother more dialed style than starting with these 26" bmtn bikes.

btw, nice woodman!