Quantcast

my new ride

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
picked up my truck... 99 dakota 4wd... v8 biatch, 16 mpg rules... scored a sweet deal on this beast... very stoked...

before (last week)... lil rubber... down by the lake about a mile from our house

yesterday... new michelin 31s... on our driveway

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
looks good with the 31s. It's amazing how pvssy a truck can look with undersized rubber.

what lake is that, looks nice.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
thanks finn... we re in penn valley... it s a man made lake, lake wildwood... we ended up renting since our 300K budget would only stretch to a mobile home out here...

oh well, can t have everything...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hey finn, you and kev ought to come down sometime... fire up the bbq and drink some german piss... no spare baeds, but you guys can fight over the couch... plenty of floorspace...

sweet deck to have a grill..

i think the grill will get fired up again tonight...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
dfinn said:
damn, that's a nice looking pad you got yourself. Any good trails around there?
haven t had time to scratch myself since arriving... been unpacking and dealing with all manner of crap...

i had a little ride up in grass valley... on the SS :dead: ... i m gonna hit it up again when i get the hardtail built up... that ll possbily happen later this week...

keen to shuttle auburn this weekend ?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Looks like your bar is set up on your worktable. :thumb: Is that a bottle of Drambuie? (Or however you spell it)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Ciaran said:
Looks like your bar is set up on your worktable. :thumb: Is that a bottle of Drambuie? (Or however you spell it)
good eyes mate... yeah thats drambuie... most of that stuff is austrian / german 'jagertee'... a hot rum tea that they serve in the mountains in winter... great stuff... haven t moved it upstairs yet...

haven t done a lot of crap :)

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
auburn sounds fun this weekend but if I end up making it out of tahoe it will be either to ski at mammoth or ride my bike in downieville. things are starting to get really hectic, moving in just about 2 weeks. you know how that goes though.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
dfinn said:
auburn sounds fun this weekend but if I end up making it out of tahoe it will be either to ski at mammoth or ride my bike in downieville. things are starting to get really hectic, moving in just about 2 weeks. you know how that goes though.
downieville is an hour from here... you riding DH out there or trails ??

you gotta come on down and drink a couple of german brews berofe ya move...

good luck with the packing etc... i feel your pain

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
partsbara said:
the view from the front...

the front of the pad... wish we could afford to buy this place :drool:
Very nice! What's the rent on that? If you don't mind me asking of course!

You're an hour away from DOWNIEVILLE? You b1tch! Planning a trip up there this summer, I am going to have to stop by and have a drink in your shop.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Ciaran said:
Very nice! What's the rent on that? If you don't mind me asking of course!

You're an hour away from DOWNIEVILLE? You b1tch! Planning a trip up there this summer, I am going to have to stop by and have a drink in your shop.
please do... the rent is 1300... i love it here.. can t wait for my woman to get here... :(

when are you planning a trip to downieville ?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
partsbara said:
downieville is an hour from here... you riding DH out there or trails ??

you gotta come on down and drink a couple of german brews berofe ya move...

good luck with the packing etc... i feel your pain
I'd be riding the bottom 1/2 of the DH trail, but you gotta pedal up to get down. No shuttling for a little while still.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'll keep you posted, I know several of the runs.
The RM Santa Cruz ride looked like the teenage fan club. Maybe we should have the adults-only Auburn RM ride.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
sanjuro said:
The RM Santa Cruz ride looked like the teenage fan club. Maybe we should have the adults-only Auburn RM ride.
I'm up for that. You going to ride Joaquin Miller this weekend? I was thinking of shuttling on Sat morning.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
partsbara said:
what bike are you taking out there /?
XC bike. Well, a heavy XC bike. IH MK3. It's a decent amount of climbing, about 1700 feet. It's fun on the way down though.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm up for that. You going to ride Joaquin Miller this weekend? I was thinking of shuttling on Sat morning.
I am 33% decided about riding at Pacifica, 33% riding at Joaquin Miller, and 33% for doing nothing.

Is that precise or what?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
partsbara said:
please do... the rent is 1300... i love it here.. can t wait for my woman to get here... :(

when are you planning a trip to downieville ?
1300 ain't bad!!!

I'll have to check as I have the dates on my home PC. But I am planning on going up at least twice this summer, once with Zark, and one is still undecided. We are going to have to hook up and drink some beer!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Ciaran said:
1300 ain't bad!!!

I'll have to check as I have the dates on my home PC. But I am planning on going up at least twice this summer, once with Zark, and one is still undecided. We are going to have to hook up and drink some beer!
for sure... yeah, it s a great place... lemme know when ya head up this way... we ll inhale (fumes from the grill) and drink after some good riding.. :)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
partsbara said:
for sure... yeah, it s a great place... lemme know when ya head up this way... we ll inhale (fumes from the grill) and drink after some good riding.. :)
Dude, are you actually ready for that? I mean, even I think Ciaran's wierd. He makes a decent trail guide, tho. You should head down to LA and ride Mt. Wilson and some OC/San Diego stuff...

Nice place. Can't wait to drop by myself.

MD

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Auburn sucks. Come up here and ride some real dh.

I'll drink the beer you bring up in your cooler since I can't really support my weight on my left shoulder when I use my brakes. Ah screw it, I just won't use my brakes.

It'll be sweet. Hurry up and drive that american made piece of sh1t up here.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
kidwoo said:
Auburn sucks. Come up here and ride some real dh.

I'll drink the beer you bring up in your cooler since I can't really support my weight on my left shoulder when I use my brakes. Ah screw it, I just won't use my brakes.

It'll be sweet. Hurry up and drive that american made piece of sh1t up here.
can we shuttle this weekend ??? if so i m in... i ll bring the POS, the bike and some brew... got floorspace ??

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
partsbara said:
you work so i don t have to...
I thought part of being a mail-order bride was that you didn't every have to get a job...isn't that the deal??

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I've been hearing stories of Northern California and the ready availability of a certain plant said to induce wild orgies and licentious behaviour in those that partake in it's evil charms. Please Partsbara, in the name of all that's holy, stay away from the devil's lawn.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
MikeD said:
I thought part of being a mail-order bride was that you didn't every have to get a job...isn't that the deal??
watch it little fella :clue:

i m flying out to korea in 3 weeks... don t make me stop off and deliver you a savage beating :)

i m so tough i scare myself :rofl:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
partsbara said:
can we shuttle this weekend ??? if so i m in... i ll bring the POS, the bike and some brew... got floorspace ??
KW, isn't there some stuff on the south shore that's shuttle'able and ready to ride?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dfinn said:
KW, isn't there some stuff on the south shore that's shuttle'able and ready to ride?
Yes. It's gnarly though. Come prepared to use your body armor. Seriously.

Parts.....give me a ring tonight. I'm not sure I need to be riding these trails right now with my shoulder but I could hook you up with some people to ride with. I'm not entirely sure I'm going to be in town this weekend. There's some good skiing to be had just south of here I've been wanting to hit.