Quantcast

My new ride

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Haha, nice... a high plains! That model was so much more pimp than my Frontier back in the day. I was jealous of my friend that had one. :clapping:

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I love working on these all the time. the 200gs part group and biopace chainrings are mint. Once the shifter stops working you just fill it with wd-40 until it works again. Great stuff.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
the highplains pictured above has a crank which at least looks similar to the engineering marvel known as biopace.
You know, you are right. I remember the same silver crank/black chainwheel with the orange biopace sticker now that I actually look at the photo again. I never knew they used that on a highplains build.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
You know, you are right. I remember the same silver crank/black chainwheel with the orange biopace sticker now that I actually look at the photo again. I never knew they used that on a highplains build.
thos cranks appeared on many bikes back in the day. They were pretty popular, but as we sometimes find out, the GOP isn't always the best solution, and eventually people learned how to pedal in circles properly.

bkbassplayr

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Columbia, Maryland
we just found a box of mint biopace chainrings in the back of our shop... we've taken to using epoxy and old magnets to make cheap christmas presents for our cycling buddies and shop regulars... who could turn down a biopace refridgerator magnet?!?

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
we just found a box of mint biopace chainrings in the back of our shop... we've taken to using epoxy and old magnets to make cheap christmas presents for our cycling buddies and shop regulars... who could turn down a biopace refridgerator magnet?!?
that sounds badass, we found a mint set in our shop, before we decided what to do with it some old guy standing in the store offered us $50 for it. Apparently he was building up some bike for nostalgic purposes.