Quantcast

My new Santa Cruz V10

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
I have finaly built her up! This beautifull beast is the finest ever the suspenssion is sweet! I haven't had time to try it where it belongs so I don't have any in action shots yet, but they will come some day...

Enough with talking and here are the pics!

Here we have a spec list:

Frame: Santa Cruz V10 2005
Rear shox: Fox DHX 5.0
Fork: Marzocchi 888rc works
Brakes: Hope M4 rear and front
Handlebar: Easton EA70 Midrise
Grips: Lizzard lock-ons
Front wheel: Mag30 on bulb hub
Rear wheel: Mag30 on hugi fr 150x12 hub
Tubes: Nokian DH
Tires: Maxxis Minion 2.5"
Crankset: RaceFace Diabolus 170 mm
Chainring: RaceFace DH 40t
Cassette: Sram Powerglide 970
Chain: Sram pc69
Rear mech: Sram x.9
Rear trigger: Sram x.9 trigger
Cable: Avid Flak Jacket
Chainguide: e.13 SRS
Brake cables: Goodridge Carbon (not on the pic yet)
Seatpost: SDG I-beam
Saddle: SDG FRD I-beam
Pedals: Azonic A-Frame

I'm sure I've forgot something but you've got the picture of what I'm riding...

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Farkin' A...that's nice. I believe your V10 and the black one posted awhile back are tied for the Santa Cruz sex factor award.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
that is one sexy lookin steed!!! That is one serious boner!!!lol! congrats on your purchase, now its time to stand atop the podium n'est pas?

Jan 18, 2005
Tiverton, RI
Salami said:
We all did and it looks like an 05 with the Marz drop crowns.

Why do you say it is an 06?
yea i agree, i think the 06's have white lowers dont they? i saw pictures in some other thread and they were white and i think had orange decals

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
tacobelldhr said:
Did you use Swedish magic to hold it up while taking the photo?

wow thats funny
Dude, reading the thread would be spectacular. He clearly stated that he used photoshop.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Nice looking Bike man. Hey on your chainguide, rotate the guide so that the lower idler is closer to the bottom of the chainstay, and move your top slider so that it is closer to the chain. The bottom edge of the top slider should be totally behind the bashguard.

The graphic below may help.
If you have any questions, drop a line to support@e13components.com

Thanks!

Dave

Attachments

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
Yeh.. The chains was falling off all the time and I've fixed it. I had to mod the guide to make it fit the diabolus crankset. I spaced out the pulley 3 mm to get perfect chainline (put 2 spacers between the pulley and the plastic thingy). Now this guide works perfect as my old STS guide! Don't know what you think about this changing durabillity but as I can see it doesn't.

But thanks for all the comments. I've got new pictures where you can see the bike better. Will upload them soon.

Can just say that the fork is awsome! Feels great and takes the big hits very well as the small ones. The rear shock isn't tuned perfectly yet so the bike is a bit too soft but as fast I've tuned everything I'll try it where it belongs and post a review on the frame!

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Very nice bike, kajo! Looks fantastic! :thumb:

Did you buy the fork from the US? Or are the Works forks available in europe, now?

I'm with Seismic, Hope to see it "live" in Vånga!

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
I bought it from US. The only place I have seen them except for us is italy.

Yeh, hope to see you in vånga. I visited my skatepark today and the bike feels awsome even there. Who said you can't pedalkick, spin, do abubacas with 10" of travel? But it jumps over the ramps like a dream! Love it! I'll post in action pics in an hour or two. Just have to get them from a friend.

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
One framegrab and one handed suicide. The other ones wheren't good enough to be published. I know I don't have helmet and protection but this day was just to cruise and relax day but I found this sweet jump and couldn't resist.