Quantcast

My new Suburban

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
So I thought I'd share this here. My new ride:

Don't mind the **** in the garage, it's my dad's stuff.

Specs:
2008 NS Suburban 26
2008 Marzocchi DJ1, will be lowered to 70ish mm very soon
Front S-type, no name 20mm hub, 2.1 Kenda SB8
Rear S-type, Shimano Saint M800 hub, 2.1 Kenda SB8, soon to be a Maxxis DTH, the bearings are dieing, so I'm getting new ones until I can afford new wheels
Answer Protaper 2" rise bars
Truvativ Holzfeller 40mm stem
Truvativ Hussefelt cranks(32-14), taking the Shadow Conspiracy Torrids from my bmx
Eclat Surge PC pedals
Alienation post, ripped and taped Macneil seat
Avid BB5 caliper, Avid FR-5 lever, ****ty cable, getting a linear

Stuff that needs to be done:
Lower fork
Swap cranks, and get a proper gearing
Linear cable
Dial in chain, using half link probably
Buy/install chain tensioner

And my plans for new wheels:
Sun Rhynolite XL rims
Octane One Orbital hubs, 20mm front, SS pro 10t rear
DT Champ spokes

Not gunna lie the way it rides now isn't too nice. I'm being put off from my bmx as it really hurts my right wrist to ride, so I started doing some exercises to gain some strength back, and will probably guy a brace for the time being.

About the feel, it seems to be that the bb is too low. I would like something with a higher bb in the future, so I'm looking at the Atomlab Trailking, which is supposedly revised for 2011, cleaner looking and what not.

OR, if it is true, I may biy a Black Market Contraband complete if they put them on the market. People seem to rave about them

Thanks for checking it out, and reading my essay lol.

-Paul

sandyP1

Chimp
Nov 25, 2007
you shouldn't need a chain tensioner, especially with a half link. the suburban is a great frame and bike put together IMO. i love my 08 but again thats me.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
I'm having a problem with it now. In the pictures, it's run right at the end of the dropouts, with quite a bit of chain slack. I can't take a link out, cuz then I can't connect the chain. Also with a new gearing, I will hopefully be able to run it slammed.