Quantcast

My New Sunday

cyp

Chimp
Sep 17, 2001
LI, New York
SteezyWeezy said:
eh, its gonna ride sweet as ****, but the fork looks odd on it, but who ****ing cares, rage hard
yeah i had it on my super 8. haven't seen one on a sunday yet. thought i would give it a go.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Looks great and fun to see a different Sunday setup. No reason why the Sunday has to be setup up racer boy Sam Hill style and I am sure that setup will be fun.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
cyp said:
Well after 4 yrs on my super 8 it was time for a new bike. So here it is. Thanks to cogs for selling me the frame on rm :thumb: If any knows how to make the pics bigger let me know.

...you can use Photobucket for uploading bigger pics :)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
looks freakin HOT!

though you should measure the fork height. looks like you can lower that a TON. please do, it'll ride better

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
cool man, never seen an avalanche fork on a sunday, post a ride impression once you've had all the fun you can get from your first ride on the sunday

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
My first thought - oh no, another racing **** with 888 or boxxer wc air but i was wrong !

Although i dont like sunday's geometry at all this bike looks really good and durable!

Do you have any pic of your s8? I like those frames, especially with 24x3.0 gazzis and avy front+ rear theire looking good :>

cyp

Chimp
Sep 17, 2001
LI, New York
Pashley 24Mhz said:
Nice Sunday, how does it ride with that setup?
well i have only ridden it around the block so far....the real test is this weekend. i will get back to you guys and let you know how it goes.

cyp

Chimp
Sep 17, 2001
LI, New York
MaxDamageDA said:
My first thought - oh no, another racing **** with 888 or boxxer wc air but i was wrong !

Although i dont like sunday's geometry at all this bike looks really good and durable!

Do you have any pic of your s8? I like those frames, especially with 24x3.0 gazzis and avy front+ rear theire looking good :>
here she is my old ride. i am going to miss her :nopity:

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Hate to break it to you but that Super 8 was probably easily close to 50lbs. I would bet the Sunday is Close to 45.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
That's a sweet build. East Coast style. Ready for Platty and MC. Cogs is great guy and that frame was a killer deal.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
Hey i just want to know how you like the avalanche chubie...and how does it perform on the sunday....because i am really interested in the chubie or the dhx.. for my sunday.... what type of riding style do you do..

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I will let CYP comment on the Avalanche but the DHX is great with a wide tuning range that allows you to setup for different riding. I have had it setup for better pedaling for freeride in the spring, super plush with quick rebound and little air in the boost valve for rocky Diablo and at Whistler I ran it stiffer with more air in the boost valve and slower rebound for better jumping and stiffer ride for the more smooth trails in Whistler. Only problem I have is that it buttoms out on some very high speed big hits.

cyp

Chimp
Sep 17, 2001
LI, New York
dest said:
Hey i just want to know how you like the avalanche chubie...and how does it perform on the sunday....because i am really interested in the chubie or the dhx.. for my sunday.... what type of riding style do you do..
i will let you know sat when it gets its first test run. unfortunately craig at avalanche was out of the hi/lo compression adjuster but when i send it in for service he will put it on there.