Quantcast

My new SXTransition for 08

Oh my gosh, Hayes brakes, Truvativ cranks, shimano shifting...thats an abomination to bikes everywhere!!!!

You guys need some time outside if fresh air on your bikes instead of razing a guy for trying to be funny and then picking his bike apart because it doesnt meet your expectations or conforming mindset or Sunday Boxxer Juicy/code combining Low Rise Maxxis running standards

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I think it's funny how this started out as a friggin funny ass post of a Special ed with a Transexual sticker on the DT, and turned into a "I hate your seat, take it off or I'll hold my breath" thread!

Largextracheese, you get props for the most useful SXT vs. BR thread to date! Goddamnfunny.
And to actually reply to that stupid ass reply of "your seat sucks and it doesn't match": Again, mind your biz. As for it mathing or not, this isn't a fashion show. Chances are he had the seat on a previous bike, and either likes it or is lacking the funds to replace it with an "Approved by Dirtbag" seat. I can't believe you actually bitched about his seat in a hype-mockery thread! I would rather see a bike with various companies' parts than the bike-in-a-bag crap that Transition, Specialized, etc is doing now. It's like they set a goal to see who could put their name on their bike over a 100 times. These same people are the ones who put the 4' wide "CHEVROLET" stickers across their Chevy trucks. Just incase we missed it...or cared...?
I'm one of the pickiest bike builders out there, but I don't expect everyone else to conform to my standards.
It's a bicycle!

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
The funny thing is is that I have an m3 with nothing but bling. I bought both my sxt and my m3 as frames this year and built the sxt with parts I had around and the m3 with the goods. I don't actually like the seat (lookswise) either but it is comfortable. If anything I wanna dump those Hayes mags. Those are crap brakes compared to my Gustavs. It is damn funny how seriously some of you took this thread. It was a joke! Transitions are great bikes and so are Specialized. That's not the point. The point is to laugh a little at ourselves and our crazy love of bicycles.....that's all. I'm gonna take the stickers off when I head out next on the SXT so as to not offend anyone around here. If you knew me you'd know I'm very rarely serious and always joking around. Here's to an awesome 08! Glad you all are as passionate as I am.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hey, I ride Mongoose and I'm stealing the reflectors off my wifes Wally World bike! Curious to see how many peeps freak out!
Buuuuutt....I'm not sure the reflectors will outshine the rest of the bike!

Anything I should change, DirtBag?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Hey thrillseeka, throw up a pic of your rides so I can give it the approval that you think I need to give. :clapping: And I was not the first to call out the seat. I just 2nd'd the opinion of someone who called out the seat. The seat is meaningless in this whole thing.

This is a forum, not a dicktatorship. What I think is just an opinion so take it at that - or don't take it. I stated my opinion and you decided to keep the flame against it going and going. The OP didn't even respond about it at first.

So why don't we both stop hijacking and let the OP take control of his thread.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hey thrillseeka, throw up a pic of your rides so I can give it the approval that you think I need to give. :clapping: And I was not the first to call out the seat. I just 2nd'd the opinion of someone who called out the seat. The seat is meaningless in this whole thing.

This is a forum, not a dicktatorship. What I think is just an opinion so take it at that - or don't take it. I stated my opinion and you decided to keep the flame against it going and going. The OP didn't even respond about it at first.

So why don't we both stop hijacking and let the OP take control of his thread.

Nah, you pretty much demanded that he remove it from the bike. THAT'S why I'm diggin on you.
And....here's my street unit...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
And YES...those ARE Holzfeller DH bars in a Race Face XC stem on a HT because that's what I had for leftovers!

And I'd like to see your M3, Cheese.... Always been a fan of em...