Quantcast

My new toy....

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
syadasti said:
They are loving the I9s over in the DH forum (BTW, thats a trail rim, not DH)...

http://www.afinishedproduct.exposuremanager.com/p/Carnage/p526556140

Though its not clear whether or not any wheel would do that. At least you have the extra leverage with the 29er to try :think:

yeah, i saw that pic and laughed...nice strong wheel there...

yeah, he may have hit that spot funny, in the previous pic it looks like the wheel gets jammed into the ground and flips him, which it didn't to anybody else.
But so many other people got tossed at the same spot without that happening to their wheel.........

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
N8 said:
With a Maverick SC32 fork and I9 hubs front and rear...
now that the cats out of the bag, lets get some better pics, and lots of them...

im excited to find out what metro color you went with for the wheelset.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Dirty said:
yeah, he may have hit that spot funny, in the previous pic it looks like the wheel gets jammed into the ground and flips him, which it didn't to anybody else.
But so many other people got tossed at the same spot without that happening to their wheel.........
Its a Rhynolite rim though and really heavy 220 lbs. ripper though. I wouldn't use a Rhynolite for anything above aggressive trail riding and I'm about 150 lbs...

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
syadasti said:
Its a Rhynolite rim though and really heavy 220 lbs. ripper though. I wouldn't use a Rhynolite for anything above aggressive trail riding and I'm about 150 lbs...
it was an XL...but yeah, i guess a 220lb guy should know better...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Dirty said:
it was an XL...but yeah, i guess a 220lb guy should know better...
Well I think you could get away with in the front, especially on less rocky/challenging terrain. Most people are harder on their rear wheels in most situations.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Bicyclist said:
I was sold on an I9 wheelset before seeing that. Now I'm not so sure.
thats silly. all wheels implode regardless of brand. maybe they were not maintained properly maybe half the spokes were lose or something. thats like not buying a bike because you heard one broke somewhere dome time. all frames break and any wheel can crumble.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
biggins said:
thats silly. all wheels implode regardless of brand. maybe they were not maintained properly maybe half the spokes were lose or something. thats like not buying a bike because you heard one broke somewhere dome time. all frames break and any wheel can crumble.
I agree, I am not convinced the product is inherently flawed. Just feel like stirring the sh*t tonight I guess :D

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Bicyclist said:
I was sold on an I9 wheelset before seeing that. Now I'm not so sure.
trust me. that wont be a common problem with those wheels. the bridge was super sketchy as you would still be turning on it and it was a really drifty corner. that plus high speeds for a good finish equals wash out on bridge into other side of ditch. it would have easily destroyed any other wheel.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
gnurider1080 said:
bitch please, you must be trippin.
Nope. I like a more "classic" style bike.

My ideal 29er would have a Reba, be simple steel w/ horiz. drops, a small rise bar w/ a Ritchey stem, 3x 32h wheels of some sort, and be SS of course.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Bicyclist said:
Nope. I like a more "classic" style bike.

My ideal 29er would have a Reba, be simple steel w/ horiz. drops, a small rise bar w/ a Ritchey stem, 3x 32h wheels of some sort, and be SS of course.

My next steed will be a SS....

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Oh we should start a "perfect 29er" thread.

My boss has a Strong steel ss built up. The specs are - Indy Fork, I9 wheels, Moots seatpost and stem, & Magura brakes. He actually isn't too stoked about the I9 wheels, perfers the Open Pro/Chris Kings he had before.

My next build I believe will be a niner steel or scadium single speed with that lovely Maverick fork (we have one sitting infront of my bench that I look at daily) & moots stem/seatpost. Chris King or something equivalent, with 4x 36h to Open Pro or the new DT R1.1

Sorry N8 for derailling. I've been dreaming up this bike for awhile... and it won't be for a long time for me to get it either.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Arsbars said:

My boss has a Strong steel ss built up. The specs are - Indy Fork, I9 wheels, Moots seatpost and stem, & Magura brakes. He actually isn't too stoked about the I9 wheels, perfers the Open Pro/Chris Kings he had before.

My next build I believe will be a niner steel or scadium single speed with that lovely Maverick fork (we have one sitting infront of my bench that I look at daily) & moots stem/seatpost. Chris King or something equivalent, with 4x 36h to Open Pro or the new DT R1.1

Sorry N8 for derailling. I've been dreaming up this bike for awhile... and it won't be for a long time for me to get it either.

The Mav SC32 is one kick ass fork... I don't know if you can get anybetter... this is my 2nd bike with one and I LOVE it!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
N8 said:
<snip>this is my 2nd bike with one and I LOVE it!
So what's the story with you having njc01's Titus? This was his "welcome me back to the 29er MTBR board bike." Is he moving on to something else?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Arsbars said:

Forgive me for questioning your dream build but why such narrow rims and if I remember correctly, you're a pretty small girl so why the 4x 36h? Seems like complete overkill unless of course you've scored a great deal on the parts.

Planning on building an Air9 myself real soon with a custom FRM Airway Carbon fork, X.0, and other assorted goodies.