Quantcast

My new toy....

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Mike B. said:
Forgive me for questioning your dream build but why such narrow rims and if I remember correctly, you're a pretty small girl so why the 4x 36h? Seems like complete overkill unless of course you've scored a great deal on the parts.

Planning on building an Air9 myself real soon with a custom FRM Airway Carbon fork, X.0, and other assorted goodies.
4x tends to lead to a more comfortable wheel to ride on for long periods of time. 36 hole because the crosses are almost the same as a 32h with a 26" rim. There is also no tire on the market that wouldn't fit on a road rim, so why not have a lighter wheelset.

I'm 5'10, and 140 lbs so I'm not too worried about taco'n a rim, more looking for stiffness. Oh yes - I plan on riding the same wheels on my single speed cyclocross bike that I race/ride on.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
moff_quigley said:
So what's the story with you having njc01's Titus? This was his "welcome me back to the 29er MTBR board bike." Is he moving on to something else?

He's letting me use it on an extended demo for a while.

The frame is the next larger size from his old Asylum which fits me better while the Asylum fits him better... so he was gracious enough to let me try it out.

He's a great dude like that! :thumb: